85 views
Verified Reviewer

2.0

I am writing this review to express my displeasure at the unwillingness of the DirecTV "Loyalty Team" to assist in my billing inquiries. I have been a loyal DirecTV customer since 2007, yet I am currently paying more than double what a new customer would pay for the same programming.

I have expressed my concerns about this numerous times over the past several months via the DirecTV online chat portal. Each time, I have been promised either a specific price that was never actually given to me, or told that a special note had been added to my account to ensure that if I just call the Loyalty Team, they will see the note and offer the best pricing available for being such a loyal customer.

Suffice it to say, each time I have called the Loyalty Team, they have done absolutely nothing for me. They have called me a liar (literally) for detailing the special price I was promised via online chat, despite having a written transcript of the chat from ATT/DirecTV in hand during the phone call. I have been told that my current pricing is the best that DirecTV currently offers, despite easily finding much lower pricing for new customers online.

I feel that DirecTV no longer cares about me as a customer.

Prior to the ATT buyout, I was able to call and discuss pricing easily and positively with members of their customer service team. They always helped me find good discounts and credits, and were always very cordial and thankful of my time with DirecTV.

Ever since ATT took over, customer service and the Loyalty Team have been short, unhelpful, and downright rude. If this is how they want to thank customers for their loyalty, I'm sure I won't be the first one to walk away.

User's recommendation: Lower your expectations for customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Choice Tv Package.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

DIRECTV Pros: Nfl package.

DIRECTV Cons: Lack of honesty and false advertising, Too costly, I was not treated correctly as a customer.

Comments

#1964347

One month later and still no resolution. DirecTV has no customer service and no loyalty rewards whatsoever since AT&T took over. Horrible.

#1952998