2.2

With the additional $10 per month that was added to the excessive monthly charge it just became too expensive to continue with DirecTV service. It used to be you could call every 6 months and receive a $20 or$30 reduction but this is no longer available.

Beware, I was provided an updated Genie that was offered by DirecTV. I did not realize that when I received this new Genie I had been committed 2 a 2 year contract. I switched 2 dish. I received basically the same programs at $88 per month.

This is a 2-year price but it is saving me nearly $60 a month. When I went to cancel the DirecTV they told me the early cancel fee would be nearly $400. My experience with anything AT&T has always been bad. Too bad that they became owners of DirecTV I have b e e n with DirecTV four 15 years.

When I found out I would have to pay $400 for early disconnect I was not a happy camper.

The other reason that caused me to leave was the discontinued reception of ABC .Then I lost the Smithsonian Channel. Just too much at too much money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Package.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Directv Pros: Good recrption.

Directv Cons: Price.

Comments

Can't blame someone else because you failed to read a contract before signing. Contracts like that are not written for your benefit and must be carefully studied prior to engagement.