Racine, Wisconsin

Our receiver broke in the bedroom and all I needed was a new one. Ran to Best Buy as that is where we bought our last 3.

Well they no longer sell them. So called Direct TV and was told I can upgrade to a dvr/reciever for free for signing up for 2 more years. O.K. no biggy.

Then she said it would take 7 days for a tech to come out and install it. Really. Just send it and we can put it in. Well she didn't explain to me that it needed an additional wire.

ie the tech. Well 7 days is ridiculous for a hookup. So I called back and said "just give me what I had and ship it to me." So I proceeded to pay 75.00 for a replacement reciever and another year contract. Why am I signing up for a year contract.

This makes zero sense. I am replacing apples for apples. All I have to say is WOW. Customer service was horrible, and the way there system is set up is horrible.

I also asked for a number or email to send a complaint to. Nobody had an answer.

Also, why should I have to repeat everything again to someone else confirming my order. HORRIBLE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Directv Cons: No help.