Directv - Leaving previous wires and cables behind

Every time a contractor comes to install something, it finally dawned on me why I have this growing mountain of wiring and cables behind my tv.The installer just cuts off what he doesn't need, installs what he came for and leaves everything else behind.

I have a DVD player that I seldom use. Today I went to play a DVD and it wouldn't work. After sifting through the miles of *** behind my TV, I found my DVD player was unplugged. The last person back there was the installer for my wireless whole house set up.

I know just enough about these electronics to get me in trouble so I decided I'd better not start plugging and unplugging stuff. The only thing that should be behind my TV is the wiring for a router, a DSL, the DVD player and the wireless DirecTV. I've had DirecTV for years and I don't understand why I was so *** not to figure out why I had this growing mound of stuff. Whenever an installer has been to my house, I mention the growing problem and they will just nod and go on about their business.

My sister also has DirecTV and she has the same problem. I'm going to try to attach a picture or video to this complaint.

Oh, and this is just behind the tv in the family room.It's just as bad as the one in the bedroom.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Crap left behind after install
Preferred solution:
Have someone come out and clean up the trash they've left.
Product or service
Review category
review #896294

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Directv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Directv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about