La Grange, Texas
4.0

Update by user Apr 03, 2016

These comments are in reference to tk-0031's original complaint. Channel 820 is supposed to be relaxing music of standards and other such music, similar to the EZ listening stations of the 60s and 70s.

"Blast Off" is loud, brash, and at times, atonal. And the overal music format is changing to include many New Age selections, such as the

"The Surfer." Songs such as these really do not really a fit the programming format. The changes have been slowly creeping in over the years. I had subscribed to DishTV and cancelled them for they started playing uptempo Lorrie Line music.

I didn't know that a "music service" of some sort supplied both satellite services. I like DirectTV and would like to stay with it. Please get the music "service provider" to return Ch.

820 to what it used to be. Thanks, Tony

Original review posted by user Mar 24, 2016

Please stop playing music from Forrante & Teicher's "Blast Off" album. That music does not fit in with the "EZ" listening "elevator" relaxing sound of Channel 820's Beautiful Music.

When those numbers (pieces) of music come on they are jarring and I switch over to Pandora. My main reason for having DirecTV is so that I can have Channel 820's soothing sound throughout my house all day. Other than the local TV channels and CNN, I don't have much use for satellite TV service. Recently, after almost 15 years, I discontinued SiriusXM's service for they dropped the only channel I listened to which was their "elevator" music, Channel 69.

I now listen to Pandora while driving in my car.

Please help keep Beautiful Music the relaxing sound it has been. Thanks, Tony Scanapico, tel: 979-966-9428, Email: tkscan@cvctx.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Reason of review: misfit of music on channel 820.

Preferred solution: Play only Fannate & Teicher's soothing music numbers.

Directv Pros: Most of music played on ch 820.

Directv Cons: New changes to music on ch 820.

Comments

PLEASE stop with the jazz and other music that doesn't fit into the "beautiful music" category. Like others, I keep this channel on in the background throughout the day. I love the Colors of the Wind, Christopher Peacock, Jim Brickman and the various Aloha (with Style/Romance, etc.).