22.5K views

I and many others I know do not like the new format at all. It is a lot harder to read, among other things.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Absolutely. My recordings seem to disappear constantly.

Nothing is where it can be found. Hate it!!!

Directv is on the same level as Democrats, worthless.

I agree with the majority of the comments. This format is very poor quality.

Someone needs to rethink this and think about simplifying the the entire formant... not next year, not two years from but very soon.

Just got an upgrade today and the new guide is awful. My TV isn't even that far from where I sit and it's hard to read. What's up with that !!

The new update guide is terrible !!! Used to be able to scroll to sports , and see who’s playing, delete a series of shows all at once , easy to see what I had recorded to select a show .

The user guide is AWFUL !!! Please change it BACK !!!

Suggestion : New guide stinks we all agree, so DTV how about adding a RETRIEVE DELETED SHOWS tab like you had before.....Suggestion #2 Make priority to fix the recorded shows, sometimes they are listed sometimes not, sometimes they record sometimes they don't, I have to cross my fingers every time I hit record, #3 Up your game in the customer service department (how do you think Amazon got so big and Kmarts went out if business - wake up call AT&T)

Go back to the old guide, this new one is useless.

Do not like your new format please go back to the old one.

This interface is horrible! It is horrible!

You have to delete things one at a time. It locks up when you delete continually.

Then you have to go back into the program every time. And sometimes when it locks up, you end up deleting some other show!!!!

Not on can I not read it on my 32” & 40” tv from across the room. On my 72” tv when it’s on 780p or 1080p the guide or menu is cut off & we can’t see what channel we are looking at on guide or on menu all info on left & right of screen is cropped off.

Doesn’t matter which types of format in 780 or 1080 we try we get the same results. So on my HD TV We have to watch 480p resolution to be able to view the guide or switch resolution every time if watching HD to view the guide.

Didn’t have this problem before the update! :-( Fix it before you start losing customers!!!

How many complaints does it take before DirecTV changes the programming to a customer friendly program? I see over 65 pages of complaints here and I’m sure there are more.

I have had DirecTV for many years and have never been more unhappy.

Why should I pay good money for a service that I need to reboot on a daily basis to retain my recordings?! When I have called to complain, I am told they are “working” on it, each time I am told it will be 60 to 90 days!

My husband and I hate the new format! you can't read it. Whoever came up with this should be fired!!

For about 4 months we have had to reboot the DVR. We keep loosing part of the recorded list.

This is with the main DVR box. The one in the den works fine. A little over a month ago they replaced the main DVR and we still have the same problem. I was told that DIRECTV has a software problem.

I was also told it could be hardware. This was from DIRECTV customer service. The tech. that replaced the DVR said since AT&T took over things have not been good.

After many phone calls and some replaced equipment the problem is still there. So when we loose part of the recorded list we just reboot the system. We received a special deal to continue for a year so cannot change service for a year. I called DIRECTV and said I wanted to drop them.

They gave us a $35 discount for a year. 800-824-9081, Customer Loyalty, try for a discount

Switched to ctv morning news this morning and it felt like a relief to have only minor extra clutter on the screen. Prefer Global but may have to change.

We, too, hate the new format for all of the reasons already mentioned. The strangest thing that we've noticed is a show being marked last chance while it's still recording and we had 37% available space.

Too many awful changes to list. The recurring issue that always gets me is the grey screen of horror.

Just what is the purpose? Ugh! I called directv about another issue and they tried to get me to sign up yet another “deal”. Told them, that unless they fix this catastrophe, Not only am not “upgrading”, but I am gone.

They keep saying they are “working on it”. Yep, but only taking away previous features.

I agree, new format is terrible, change it back

to ray cawolsky #1544249

I hate the dark at the bottom of the screen!

Directv is at the same level as POS Democrats, worthless.

to Anonymous #1538277

I must say you’re confused with reality