State: New York Product: Directv Dvr Tv Service Clear all filters (1 of 40 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Directv in Troy, New York - Strengths: screwing customer/ weaknesses: everything else

2.1
Not only were we very patient about the reception chronically freezing and/ or losing satellite communication, when we called to have the problem resolved the "agents" were so unhelpful and uncaring. After we had technicians in our home 3 or 4 times the reception issue seems to be resolved but the dvr does not work properly and the incoming caller id is unavailable. My husband is visually impaired and relied on that feature to try and identify wanted or unwanted calls. So I, of course, called to try and remedy this situation only to be told that to downgrade the receiver (get back the one that could be hooked up to the phone) would cost us $119.00. If I want to break the contract it will cost me $20.00 per remaining months. What about their contract to me? Wasn't Direct TV supposed to deliver a working product to me? Oh, and let us not forget that the price after a year increased over $50.00 a month! Mostly though, the absolute worst experience one can look forward to is the rude and condescending conversations during your many complaints to Direct TV. Once this contract has expired, we will immediately change providers.
Review
#919211 Review #919211 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Directv Dvr Tv Service
Pros
  • Choice
Cons
  • Being lied to and misled
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Directv Customer Service