Westfield, Massachusetts

Please explain why the 49ers-Packers NFL game was not available at sports bars or home customers in many areas of Western Massachusetts or the Boston area. Went to a sports bar with many Packers fans in Amherst, Mass., and the sports bar could not get it because it was ''blacked out.'' A woman at the sports bar in Amherst said her boyfriend also could not get the game via his Direct TV at his home in Boston.

The manager at the Amherst sports bar called someone, apparently with Direct TV, and got a lame explanation that it was a national problem. So who screwed up here and how will you prevent this from happening again? I did call down to sports bar in Enfield, Connecticut, and the game was available there, so kindly explain that too. You will be hearing from loads of pissed off Packers and 49ers fans, so you'd better get the problem fixed.

An apology is in order. I want and deserve a message of explanation. --- Bob Ritzman, Holyoke, Mass. My personal email is robritzy2006@yahoo.com.

Better hear from you, or I will write you until I do, and I tell other NFL fans to do the same. This is a screwup of great magnitude, in my opinion.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

Wow, you people seem to need some Xanax. technical glitches happen almost 2 million people lost a live feed from the academy awards last year it happens get over it is not that deep watch the reply on on demand

I ran into the same problem in East Longmeadow, MA. I only subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket to watch Packer games.

I had to go to Enfield to watch the game.

I also called three times in the first quarter alone and was told the game was blacked out. I did not know this was even possible with NFL Sunday Ticket and appears to be false advertising by Directv.