Cleveland, Ohio
1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Oct 18, 2016

I finally resolved this issue by contacting ATT escalation group. They appreciated my comments and referred them to the proper person.

Original review posted by user Sep 18, 2016

I switched from ATT Uverse in April because I was told that Uverse was going away. Put up with the nonsense for 4 months until I switched back to Uverse a few weeks ago. Who in their right mind would get satellite TV where you are at the mercy of the weather, especially here in Northeast Ohio. I have had outages that lasted up to 4 hours and when I called to get some kind of credit, was told they have no control over the weather and there was nothing they could do. Before I actually cancelled, I scheduled a repair call( which I had to pay 5.00 month) to have this or pay a 75.00 charge. It was before they came I called and had ATT Uverse scheduled to switch me back. I am now working with ATT and DirecTV to try and get this 20.00 early cancellation charge taken off of my bill. I do not know who convinced who to change to satellite but they must have been on drugs or something. Someone should be held responsible for the miscommunication that the sales people are telling customers. More information should be told up front, if the gentleman would have told me that the weather could cause outages, I never would have switched. Saw your name on an invitation from ATT to switch to DirecTV and had to write to someone about my total dissatisfaction with this product. Whatever you can do to remove this ridiculous early cancellation charge seeing that I was mislead by the salesperson would be greatly appreciated. Believe me, I wish I had more time to investigate this change before I did it, however I relied on the salesperson to give me all of the information I needed and not find out the hard way.

One last note, I am an ATT retiree.

An unhappy previous DirecTV subscriber.

Cheryl A Gula

440-759-6327

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Mislead by salesperson.

Directv Cons: Weather controlling my signal.

Comments

h.kitchener

They call themselve "directtv satellite" for a reason and a small modicum of research on your part would have made you question it's reliability during many types of weather. That being said, your best bet would be Charter if you can get it as it is on cable and then ATT second. Now you know.