Coverage Area
Style and Design

I signed back up with Direct TV in November of 2016. I got what I thought was a great deal where I would be paying 20.37 a month plus tax for the first year and 35 a month for the second year.

I received my customer agreement detailing my services and prices to my email on November 18th. The first week of December i decided to login to my direct tv account to see when my bill would be drafted from my bank account. To my dismay my bill stated i owed $78. I called customer service and spoke with someone in billing who was able to look back at my customer agreement and noticed I should be receiving 2 credits on my bill each month one that is $41 and another that is $44.

He stated I would have to be transferred to the customer agreement dept to fix my issue. I was then placed on hold and transferred to the next dept. When I finally got a rep on the phone I had to re-explain my issue and ask for a solution. The rep placed me on hold for 10+ minuted and when she returned informed me that she would not be able to honor my original customer agreement because by the time my service was installed or activated (Nov 22) that promotion had ended.

I asked to speak with a manager and was then transferred to a voicemail. I called customer service back, waited on hold for another 10+ minutes and finally got a rep in the billing department again. I asked to immediately speak to a manager so i did not have to go through the trouble of explaining my story another 2 times. The manager in the billing department reviewed my account an agreed i should have a total of 85 in credits on my bill each month.

She applied the 44 dollar credit manually for that month and assured me i would not have the same issue in January. On Dec. 29, I received my direct tv bill in the mail and it stated i owed $165. Once again i contacted customer service and had to explain my situation all over.

The rep in the billing dept told me i needed to be transferred to the customer agreement dept to solve my issue. I was then sent back to the main menu. I hung up and called back automatically asking to speak with a manager in the billing dept because that is who solved my issue last month. Once getting to the manager named Ally, she reviewed my original customer agreement and told me i was wrong, she told me that my original agreement states my bill should be 78 dollars a month and that i only have a credit on 41 applied to my account each month.

I told her that is not correct and the manager i spoke with last month and all of the previous reps acknowledged that i was missing the 44 dollar credit on my bill.

She told me all she could do for me was escalate my issue and it may take 10 business day. My bill is now due on Jan 6 and i am expected to pay 78 instead of the originally agreed upon amount of 20.37 plus tax.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Entertainment Tv Package.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments