4.4K views
1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Discovery channel....Life Below Zero. Won't let me fast forward through commercials!

You are going to lose many customers over this! Plus, you are converting channels I originally purchased to pay channels or you are just removing them. You have made me mad! I'm looking for another service provider!

I just tried to post my succinct and to-the-point review, but your system won't let me do it unless I write 100 words. Really? What more can I say than what is in the first paragraph? Do you really think I need 100 words to tell you why I am mad at you?

I have, at this point, very little recourse other than to fire you and look for a company that doesn't play these games. Are you listening?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of recording.

I didn't like: Changesremoving programs or making them ppv.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 26.

Comments

Fast forwarding commercials is why I record shows. How do I get this function back?

I am firing them Monday! I pay way too much a month to be forced to watch commercials.

Do you get it Direct TV, I Paid! I remember watching free TV, The commercials paid for the content then.

I Pay for it now! As in brought to you by ME!

NOT COOL! CAN'T FAST FORWARD THROUGH COMMERCIALS ON RECORDED SHOWS!!!

What 's the point!!??? Time to start looking for a new service!!!

I probably am leaving because of this too!!!!

I hate i cant fast forward through Commercials on recorded programs. It makes it not worth the money to have this

ATT is kind of like a political party. They are owned and operated to force you to obey. They will not win.

If I can't fast forward past commercials on recorded programs, it will end my many years with DirecTV. I'm paying $200.00 per month and I can't fast forward?

Yes DIRECtV sucks since att took over, give me cable back

This is so annoying not only can I not fast forward through commercials that I have recorded but what’s most annoying is it’s the same friggin commercial over and over and over to the point where I I’m starting to hate this stuff advertised an example Wayfair and Gwennie Bee and it’s not their fault yours !!!!!!

You need to change this not being able to fast forward through commercials immediately! This defeats the purpose of recording shows for me! We will have to check out dish network

to Anonymous #1556002

I used to be able to fast forward through commercials on recorded shows/ movies. I liked being able to watch the show in less time that way!!!!! I have two little girls so my time is valuable to me!

My husband & I are in our 80s,and not very mobile, so we watch a lot of TV, but we, too, are so disappointed with DIRECT TV now that we have to wait thru SO MANY commercials. We, too, will disconnect our Direct TV service.

Not being able to fast forward through commercials is the last straw. I'm switching.

Time to leave - all of us need to leave

The entire reason for getting a DVR is to avoid commercials. If this service wants to hijack a system I pay for, I will switch to DISH.

to Veronica #1476218

Dish does it to

This is BS, not being able to fast forward on my recorded shows

to Karla jenson #1471119

You still can .. although the green bar along the bottom is now gone which showed how far along you were ...no longer 2, 3, 4x speeds .

Just keep tapping the “right arrow” and you can fast forward .. But now a terrible system !

One comment said they have soooo many complaints ( 10000’s.... ) that they will revert back to old system .....Let’s Hope so !!

I can't fast forward any of my recorded shows used to be able to what's the problem

I guess I will go to a new carrier that allows FF on a recorded programs. Do not care for new guide.