Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I contacted DIRECTTV on 6/30/2016 seeking a better rate as COX offered a very good deal. The representative offered $101.99 for 12 months and after consideration, I agreed.

Contract. I was then transferred to the "verification department" where the $101.99 for 12 months was reiterated and again, I agreed. The verification rep then said "let me check on your discounts because some appear to be expiring soon." He came back to advise that the monthly $101.99 for 12 months previously agreed to would change to $132.00 and change in one month. At that time I advised that I did not wish to change the current agreement at this time and would search for alternative service at another provider.

After much discussion and being transferred to "retention" I was advised that I had entered into a "contract" that could not be changed. That's fine because the contract that I "agreed" to is $101.99 for 12 months. That's my contract for the next 12 months! If that is not the contract that we agreed to, then I do not want my current agreement to change.

Leave it as is and my current agreement expires in a month.. I will make a decision regarding any future services with Directtv at that time. Directtv is alleging that I agreed to the $101.99 for 12 months but they have the option to hold me to the prior agreement of eliminating the discounts when they mature.

The quote of $101.99 was initially made in response to call which clearly indicated that I had received a more favorable offer for $100.00/month for everything that I currently have with Directtv. I had a 3rd party, witness, on the line the entire time.

Reason of review: attempt to defraud me.

Preferred solution: I want to alleged agreement (which became null and void when conditional provision was introduced after the alleged contract) voided and returned to my current agreement which expires next month..

Directv Pros: Number of available stations.

Directv Cons: Attempt to scam.

Comments