Rio Rancho, New Mexico

These ads about the "settlers" are seriously offensive. One they mock the people who built this country on their backs.

Two they imply the this generation of working class people are not as good as people who have their service. It is not funny and is insulting and if anything all it did is make a non-customer even less likely to ever use their services. I find this ad in such poor taste I will forever have a tainted view of Direct TV. I remember telling my husband back in 1998 that these cable companies were going to price themselves out of the market with their inflated costs and contracts that basically make you sign away your right to fair prices ever again.

I am not going to sacrifice buying food to pay for something that lessens my children s IQ by using it.

Most people cant afford cable and their commercials are so offensive. This commercial was social suicide for Direct TV in my opinion.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Commercial.

Reason of review: Advertisements.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Directv Cons: Advertisements.

Comments

I totally agree. It seems that in this day of being "politically correct" it seems that it is only okay to make fun of people with traditional values, both today and yesterday. I too, will not be using Direct TV and am tempted to cancel ATT mobile service as soon as my family's current contract is up.