3.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jun 17, 2017

I worked for DirectV for 4 years just leaving December 2016. Since AT&T has taken over DirectV customer service has gone down hill.

I used to have calls that customers said they did not get what was told or promised to them and I thought they just did not understand what they were told. Usually the discounts are for 12 months and that is why I questioned the agent I spoke with about $55 off for 24 months.

He assured me he could do that or I would not have committed to a 24 month agreement. I was also offered the premium channels (HBO, Starz, Showtime and Cinemax) 3 months free and I am being charged for them.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2017

On June 7, 2017 I called DirectV about receiving their services. I worked for DirectV for 4 years as a Customer Retention Agent and left in December 2016 so I am very familiar with the service.

I spoke with Josh who was in Florida and offered me the Choice package for $60 for 2 years (I know we offered that package for 1 year for $60 a month but he said he could give it to me for two years at that price) I did question him about the price for 2 years. I accepted it for the 2 years at $60 a month and he also offered me the premiums (HBO, Starz, Showtime and Cinemax) for 3 mo free which I accepted. My first bill came on June 15 for $113.99. I called DirectV and spoke with Esti agent #BAG0440 who did nothing.

I was on that call 20 minutes and asked for a supervisor and got disconnected. I told her I was offered DirectV for $60 a month for 2 years and HBO, Starz, Showtime and Cinemax free for 3 mo. My bill was $113.99 as I was charged for premiums of HBO, Starz, etc. and was only given the discount on my package for $60 a month for 1 year instead of 2 years.

Next I spoke with John agent #PC773G, who I asked for a supervisor and got disconnected again. Then I spoke with Amanda agent # NL006X who I asked for a supervisor again and she transferred me to Kyle agent # AI976X. Kyle would do nothing to correct my bill so I asked to be disconnected. He transferred me to Dustin agent #99663.

Dustin said I would be charged $240 early cancellation fee if I disconnected. I advised him I was not given what I was offered and would not pay any ECF. He then said he could escalate to the Back Office to give me the premiums 2 months free and see what they could do on the $60 a month for 2 years. I accepted that.

I am very familiar with this sort of issue happening with customers. I used to get calls all the time that a customer was not given what they had been offered.

DirectV is very good about intimidating a customer by telling them they will have to pay $240 Early Cancellation Fee if they cancel. I have kept good records on everyone I have spoken to and what was offered.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Choice Tv Package.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Directv Pros: Accepted offer given over the phone but billed for free items.

• Direct Tv Poor Service