Eagar, Arizona
5.0
Coverage Area

Update by user Nov 11, 2015

This was the nicest CSR I spoke with, who gave me a wrong number, but at least appeared to be helpful! After being transferred 3 more times to the correct department, I was again advised that they "do not see in the notes" where I was offered the 3 months of free premium packaging, but they would offer me 2 months of showtime.........They advise at the beginning of every call that the calls are recorded...why do they NOT just go back through the recorded calls to see what I was told then instead of lying about it?

Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2015

I have been with Direct TV since I was 18 years old (I'm 43 now)....In Aug 2015 I had severe medical issues. In Sept 2015 I knew I must cut back on my bills to allow for the influx of bills, meds, etc.

I contacted Direct TV and advised them I needed to suspend my services for a few months. The Customer service rep stated I needed to pay my bill in full in order to have it suspended. I was finally able to pay the bill, and again requested for it to be shut off temporarily (until the 1st of the year). I was advised it would be shut off on Sept 18th.

In November, I received a box in the mail to send back the equipment, so I contacted them. They advised that in order to get a "Suspension", instead of a "Cancellation", they would need to turn the services back on, and were willing to "credit" me appx $76.00 in efforts to do that, and that they would provide me with 3 months of the Premium services (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz). I asked if I could receive these when I had my services turned back on in Jan 2016. They stated I could absolutely do that.

Today (5 days after I spoke with them) I received a bill for $176.....My husband told me to just pay it, and keep the satellite on, but to get the premium channels. When I called to receive these, there is NO record of "Chris" advising I would be getting them for free for 3 months. After 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Direct TV, there is still no record, and the most that they will offer is 2 months of Showtime. I'm done with Direct TV.

I have been having problems with them for the last 3 months now, with no solution in sight.

I should have had my services suspended in August like I requested, they should have stood behind their "customer service standards" that they have dictated are so superior to all other companies, and they should have stood behind their "credit" of $76, as well as the 3 free months of premium channels. I'm not sure what's going on with Direct TV recently, but after being with them for so many years, I am cutting ties!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Directv Pros: Good reception, Availability, Reliability.

Directv Cons: Tactics, Lying and cheating, Customer service issues such as being hung up on, Being on hold for over a half hour at a time, Not standing behind their promotional services.

Comments