Lynnwood, Washington

In the month of December I ordered cable with Direct TV. The rep I spoke with advised me that i would have cable and internet.

This was not the case, only cable was provided and not internet. I was given wrong information after I asked rep several times about the service. I canceled my account and returned my cable box in the prepackaged box and the rep advised me all fees will be waived and no charges. I CHECKED MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT AND DISCOVERED THAT $423.31 WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT ON 12-20-2009 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION FOR NO REASON BY DIRECT TV.

I HAVE CALLED SERVERAL TIMES AND SPOKEN TO SEVERAL MANAGERS FOR TWO MONTHS NOW AND THEY ALL TELL ME IT WILL BE CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT. I HAVE NEVER RECIEVED ANY CREDIT BACK STILL TILL THIS DAY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Comments

I have had Direct TV for about 10 years and had no trouble until I upgraded to high def programing about a year ago. Since then my bill has been around $100 a month and before that about $80, still I paid every month on time ALWAYS since having high def our receiver has went out twice and is out again.

Each time having to wait for about a week for service yet still had to pay for programming that we didn't have. NOW receiver is out again (remember had it less than a year) and they are telling me I can either pay a $60 service fee, or add another $6 charge to my bill every month as if programming wasn't high enough already. When I told them I would just go ahead and cancel, they told me I would have to pay an early cancellation fee of $250 if I canceled before June 2011. WHY do I have to pay for programing then have them to come out and fix a problem that they KNOW is their equipment?

That's as if my lights went out because a tree fell on the power lines and the power co.

said I would have to pay a service fee or I wouldn't get my electricity turned back on. I am very disappointed and will keep my programing until the day my contract expires, But not a day longer!

What do you do when a companies business model says to ignore your client with their needs? During the install of there equipment the installers damaged our home to the tune of 150.00.

We followed the procedures and turned in our claim, direct tv claimed no responsabuilty and told us to contact the installer. So the see saw began and 14 months later still no check for the repairs.

I have attempted to file a small claims case against them but the address is evidently wrong(the one I got from the court records for the company) So now its time to contact an attourney and do this right. SUE the .....

You could try calling your bank/credit card(if it isn't too late) and dispute the charges and if the amount is returned to your account,cancel the account (credit card or bank account) (because the amount may be reapplied at a later date)write the BBB (you can file a complaint online) tell them the facts and dates of your case. The BBB will respond with a letter on your behalf and send you the response from Direct.This will give you time to decide what to do next.Been There/Done That

DIRECT TV IS A JOKE,90%OF PROGRAMMING IS COMMERCIAL,TRYING TO SELL MANUFACTURERS PRODUCT,THAT'S WHY THE 2 YR.CONTRACT,CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN TO CABLE.BIG MISTAKE

we are extremely pissed off with direct tv. granted, we had problems with payments but have always paid.

i get a bill in the mail saying service interruption on 2/25, service goes out on 2/14. called them they said yes we interrupted it. got a bill in the mail with same date on it, paid 593.00 by western union, bill said 592.87. still no service, and they are holding our service hostage for 4.97.

really making me think of making a switch from direct tv if this doesn't get resolved quickly. their customer service sucks

Ive been with DirectTV for over 2 years,just recently bought a new 40 inch HD TV. Direct TV wants 200 dollars to upgrade my receiver.Ive had problems with my regular reciever since I got it.Poor picture with recorded programs,reciever makes noise.They sent me another reciever but the same problems.After paying my bill on time for over 2 years you would think they would treat me as good as a new customer.But I think they have just gotten to big and dont care as long as you keep sending the check every month! :sigh

Oh,we can tell ya to make sure you run in the other direction before signing your life away with these guys. What total rip-off.

We did our prat in paying our monthly bill and they didn't follow through on their end of the contract by providing consistent service. Many new DVR boes, remotes, lost signals, shocks when working with the DVR player while on the ohone with customer service, no response when we asked about them holding up their end of the contract by actually providing the service we payed for. And fees to get out of our contract. Almost $300 even though we had all these issues and spent hundreds of hours trying to get it working right.

When they installed they also drilled holes on our house, had cable hanging down the front of our house over our awning. It looked ridiculous. We had them come back out and fix it and they gave us paper work to file a claim against them for some monetary reimbursement. We didn't file it and now we can't even just be let go.

It's like being held hostage. Never again Direct Tv - never again!!!

#112004

Almost the exact thing happened to me, except I got that same charge on 12-30-09, 3 weeks before my on hold account was up. i have spoken to 2 people now and given my credit card to them and they said i'd get my account within the next week.

4 weeks went by and i called and they said "oh well now we're not giving you your money back". The manager had the most ridiculous reasons as to why and kept putting me on hold for the longest time and finally i told him i'd be reporting them to the BBB and also disputing the charge to my cc. Horrible company and horrible customer service.

The reason i had to cancel was because I moved and because the direction my apt was facing (not all, only mine!) was not able to pick up sattelite at all, yet i still received an over $400 charge. FURIOUS!