Burleson, Texas

I have had a code 775 for the last 2 weeks. I did everything that the trouble shooting guide said, still 775.

It is 775 for 2 minutes then back to TV for 3 minutes then back to 775. I contacted the service department and they had me unplug the cable to the swim adaptor. He said I had static build up on my cable and by touching the wire in the coax this would fix it, ha, he said if it continues to call back. It continued and I called back.

This time I was told I would have to pay for a service call, I at that point requested to talk to someone that could cancel my account. I was transferred to a number that could not be connected. Took 3 more calls before I could speak to someone. When I told him I would like to cancel, he asked why, my response was that they treat existing customers terrible.

If you are a new customer they will do back flips to get their hooks in you. After I told him I wanted to stop the service, he offered to drop my monthly charge $10.00 and a no charge service call, I told him that is exactly why I wanted to leave, you have to quit to get any service. He also told me that they have to charge for owned equipment, I told him I don't own any of it, his reply was that direct tv gave me the dish and the swim adaptor so in essence I own them. What a crock, he was willing to give me free service an the monthly discount, when I declined he would not let me cancel because I did not know the exact amount of the last bill.

My wife handles the bills and she was not at home when I was talking to him. He told me he could not do anything for me and to have my wife call back. He can give me a reduction in the monthly bill and free service call but could not cancel the service, what's up with that!

As soon as my wife gets home I will be calling again to cancel them. I have paid my bill on time for the last 10 years, to be treated like this is not customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Guide.

Directv Cons: Lack of loyalty long term customer.

Comments

#1011921

So you get what you wanted and you cry I hope you get billed an early cancel fee