67 views
Verified Reviewer

I moved from WY to AZ. I started calling seven days before the move to to transfer my service.

I was repeatedly put on hold and forced to keep calling back. On Feb 22, 2020, I was on hold for a total of THREE HOURS. I called once more and told the customer service agent that I'd had enough, that I wanted to cancel my service. I was told I would have to pay a $200 disconnect fee because DIRECTV claimed they had restarted my contract when I had a service person correct problems created on the original installation!!!

They claimed this was explained on a piece of paper I signed when the service person was at my house. I thought the paper was to show he was there! I called customer service the next day and explained the situation again. This time, the customer service agent told me I would NOT be charged the $200 for a contract that was forwarded because of a mistake they made, and that my service would be disconnected on Feb 28.

However, on March 7, I received an email informing me my service was finally disconnected. I had sold the house a week earlier! I no longer lived in the house and did not own the house!

On a hunch, I checked my bank account. They not only waited a week to disconnect my service, but they also stole $200 from my bank account!

User's recommendation: Do everything you can to avoid DIRECTV and AT&T! Do NOT sign anything with them!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Installation.

Comments