Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I have been a DirecTV subscriber since June of 2012.

I have had problems with service from both the satellite and their employees from the beginning. Shortly after I signed on with them I found that I needed additional equipment for another TV in my house. I received an additional box after a week which I self installed only to find that it was defective and I had to order another one for 200.00 out of pocket. I found that I was unable to watch DVR'd programs on any of my other TV's if someone in the house was already watching a DRV'd program. In order to do this I would need an additional DVR and I would have to sign a new 2 year contract. I decided to leave it as it was. It still bugs me but, whatever.

A few months ago we lost service to the DVR and it had to be reset losing all recording including some family appearances. Sad to see those go but hard drives do that sometimes. I called customer service and they offered no recompense not even a credit for the outage.

Customer service was continually rude and at times I felt that they egged me on and were trying to make me more angry so they could have an excuse to hang up on me.

I decided I needed to reduce my bill because the service isn't worth $100+ especially if it doesn't work as I expected. After several hours of rude customer service and hard sell I was finally able to get my bill down to about $80.

The final straw came last week when I decided to drop down to bare minimum because I don't want to pay them a penny more than I have to. After canceling my last 2 premium channels I found that my previously DVR'd programs were all erased again even though when I cancelled my other premium channels those programs had remained on the DVR. After speaking to 3 different CSR's the message was essentially "too bad, so sad" and I asked to have a supervisor contact me and was told I would be contacted within 72 hours. Still nothing from these deadbeats.

I still have 16 months on my contract but as soon as my taxes come in I will be happy to buy out my contract and I will never do business with these creeps again. DO NOT USE DIRECTV!~

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Comments