Verified Reviewer

I recently purchased a new t.v. with 4k capabilities and wanted an upgrade in equipment to fully enjoy my new purchase.

When the techs came in to set up the t.v. they found the remote wasn't working and they suggested a new one be obtained from direct tv. I ordered the upgrade and was told the new remote would cost me. After arguing with someone I barely understood, the fee was waived, then he informed me that I'm paying and have been paying for additional equipment in my bedroom that was not needed and a genie in that area should do the same job, saving me money.

I was given an appointment for equipment installation on 12/5/2020 between the hours of 8 am to 12 noon. We sat and waited for the technician until we received a text saying he was running late and would arrive around 2 pm now, we confirmed we still wanted the installation done, he responded with a thank you for confirmation. We waited until 4:30 pm when no one arrived or answered or text we called customer service. I was initially answered by someone named Ruby, who took down or complaint placed me on hold for 15 minutes, and passed me off to someone who called herself Sam.

Sam's whole objective was to simply get me off the phone, she talked over me, never answered any questions, nor could she be understood because she never talked into the phone. She was very rude and condescending. After nothing being done and getting an explanation that later turned out to be a lie, she said the technician didn't have my equipment and couldn't make the appointment. This made no sense, he left the office with it at 8 am, he never said he had to go back to the office when he texted he was running late, nor did he have the decency to inform us he wasn't coming with this being the reason.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was spoken to rudely and placed on hold for 30 minutes with only a rude "no supervisor is available", response every five minutes then a quick back to holding again by this Sam person, who I assume wanted to wear me out and hope I would hang-up. After holding for those thirty minutes someone who claimed to be the supervisor came on but the only thing she was willing to do was reschedule me for another appointment for Monday, between 12 noon and 4 pm. She couldn't get in contact with the direct tv services here for 15-20 minutes and when she did she stated they wouldn't send another tech tonight, even though she admitted their window of operation was until 8 pm. She didn't have any contact information for me to call, email, or write.

How does a supervisor not have this information? avoid direct tv

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Premier Tv Package.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

DIRECTV Pros: Sports package only.

DIRECTV Cons: Poor customer service, Extremely expensive, No resolutions to problems, Customer service and not standing behind what they say, Talking to customer services in india.

Comments