Directv - Poor Installation/Messed Up Home
On May 15, 2016, I ordered satellite TV through AT&T...My installation date was scheduled for May 17th, but I changed it to May 21st. The technician arrived at 7:55 a.m. He came to the door, and he rung the doorbell. I answered the door. He was dressed kind of shabby and he identified himself and showed me his ID (he had to dig down in his wallet to get to it). He went back to his truck and got the satellite dish and told me that he was going to install it on the roof. In the process of this going on my internet service and my cable tv service stopped working (I did not disconnect my cable service yet because I wanted to make sure that Directv was working before I disconnected it). He came into the house and he went into the attic and was connecting things together. He hooked up the receiver and I was reading the screen that it was trying to connect to the dish. After about 30 minutes, he said that the dish wasn't connecting. He unhooked the receiver and he told me, I will be right back. He left my home at 9:00 and around 12:30, I called to see what happened. One of your representatives told me that he cancelled the order and that I turned down the request for a second opinion about some kind of outside line or something like that. I told them that we NEVER had that discussion.
In the meantime, my cable box was sitting in the middle of my floor and I had no internet or cable at all. I kept calling asking about when was he going to come back and hook my internet and cable service back up and I was told that it was not his responsibility to do that and I had to call my cable provider for that. From 8:00 yesterday morning until 2:00 this afternoon, I had no internet or cable TV....Right now I have a satellite dish that is attached to my home that I do not want and I have pictures of the mess that he left in my house. I would like to file a formal complaint against this worker!!!
I wanted to get the dish mounted in the ground but one of your representatives told me that it was an additional charge. I didn't care about that, but it was the fact that I did not get the option to choose from installing it in the ground.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "...My girlfriend went to Walmart and was approached by a direct tv sales person.They fraudulently quoted her one price and got her to sign a two year contract.She started getting..."
- "This is absolutely ridiculous! I had a scheduled technican appointment window from 12-4PM. I had not received ANY calls from Uverse, and after MULTIPLE attempts to speak to a manager..."
- "Direct TV. I've attached a picture of the offer I was given and signed up for. My bill is not 89.99 or even close. It's $224 a month. I've contacted..."
- " I purchased the MOOG 81045 rear coil springs for my 06’ T4R V6 4.0L. I had my mechanic installed the spring but as soon as I drive of..."
- "You can never access your stuff when you need too! If you cannot make it when they are open for regular business then you are just s.o.l. They suck! I..."
- "Booked at Sleep Inn. Wrong location in same city. Cancelled room 5-6hrs ahead of cutoff time. Boik in right Sleep Inn. They refunded my $86.16 for first hotel that I..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."