Directv - Poor Installation/Messed Up Home
On May 15, 2016, I ordered satellite TV through AT&T...My installation date was scheduled for May 17th, but I changed it to May 21st. The technician arrived at 7:55 a.m. He came to the door, and he rung the doorbell. I answered the door. He was dressed kind of shabby and he identified himself and showed me his ID (he had to dig down in his wallet to get to it). He went back to his truck and got the satellite dish and told me that he was going to install it on the roof. In the process of this going on my internet service and my cable tv service stopped working (I did not disconnect my cable service yet because I wanted to make sure that Directv was working before I disconnected it). He came into the house and he went into the attic and was connecting things together. He hooked up the receiver and I was reading the screen that it was trying to connect to the dish. After about 30 minutes, he said that the dish wasn't connecting. He unhooked the receiver and he told me, I will be right back. He left my home at 9:00 and around 12:30, I called to see what happened. One of your representatives told me that he cancelled the order and that I turned down the request for a second opinion about some kind of outside line or something like that. I told them that we NEVER had that discussion.
In the meantime, my cable box was sitting in the middle of my floor and I had no internet or cable at all. I kept calling asking about when was he going to come back and hook my internet and cable service back up and I was told that it was not his responsibility to do that and I had to call my cable provider for that. From 8:00 yesterday morning until 2:00 this afternoon, I had no internet or cable TV....Right now I have a satellite dish that is attached to my home that I do not want and I have pictures of the mess that he left in my house. I would like to file a formal complaint against this worker!!!
I wanted to get the dish mounted in the ground but one of your representatives told me that it was an additional charge. I didn't care about that, but it was the fact that I did not get the option to choose from installing it in the ground.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months..."
- "I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home. My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about..."
- "Check here for false ad; www.sixblade.com/directv So I saw the ad, I wanted the HD receiver, the packages looked good so I bit. Easy as 1-2-3 right?Actually it was pretty..."
- "Flower box arrived with no flowers...its valentines.....they can't fix this.....I hate proflowers....they did give me a refund but my wife didn't like the empty box....I am trying to make this..."
- "Was going to put house on top of septic system, got caught. Placed house wrong so now have wetland in front yard, insulation wet, use caulk for tile, plumbing ran..."
- "TOOK MY CAR TO FIRESTONE AT 930 AM ON THURSDAY JUNE 23,2016 FOR A ALIGNMENT. THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION OF WHAT WAS GOING ON, AT 200 PM I DECIDED TO..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."