Montgomery, Alabama
Featured on Instagram Not resolved

On May 15, 2016, I ordered satellite TV through AT&T...My installation date was scheduled for May 17th, but I changed it to May 21st. The technician arrived at 7:55 a.m. He came to the door, and he rung the doorbell. I answered the door. He was dressed kind of shabby and he identified himself and showed me his ID (he had to dig down in his wallet to get to it). He went back to his truck and got the satellite dish and told me that he was going to install it on the roof. In the process of this going on my internet service and my cable tv service stopped working (I did not disconnect my cable service yet because I wanted to make sure that Directv was working before I disconnected it). He came into the house and he went into the attic and was connecting things together. He hooked up the receiver and I was reading the screen that it was trying to connect to the dish. After about 30 minutes, he said that the dish wasn't connecting. He unhooked the receiver and he told me, I will be right back. He left my home at 9:00 and around 12:30, I called to see what happened. One of your representatives told me that he cancelled the order and that I turned down the request for a second opinion about some kind of outside line or something like that. I told them that we NEVER had that discussion.

Related: Directv - Brent Vann claim#1610000854-01. DIRECTTV TECH PUT NAILS IN MY ROOF

In the meantime, my cable box was sitting in the middle of my floor and I had no internet or cable at all. I kept calling asking about when was he going to come back and hook my internet and cable service back up and I was told that it was not his responsibility to do that and I had to call my cable provider for that. From 8:00 yesterday morning until 2:00 this afternoon, I had no internet or cable TV....Right now I have a satellite dish that is attached to my home that I do not want and I have pictures of the mess that he left in my house. I would like to file a formal complaint against this worker!!!

I wanted to get the dish mounted in the ground but one of your representatives told me that it was an additional charge. I didn't care about that, but it was the fact that I did not get the option to choose from installing it in the ground.

Review about: Directv Satellite Tv Package.

I didn't like: Unprofessionalism, Refusal to correct problems of their own making.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Directv Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Remove the satellite dish from my home

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.