54 views
Verified Reviewer

2.4
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jul 20, 2020

UPDATE: Received a text that they can't make the install. So it will be NEXT Weds, 7/29!

Maybe! They suck on every level.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2020

They increased my mom's basic TV from $60 to $100 so we canceled service. On 6/30 the win-back department called, lowering it to $70. They tried to reactivate the account, but the Direct TV screen said it isn't available in her city of Ontario, CA.

I called back Wednesday, 7/1, and was told that they would call back either Friday or Sunday with a solution. I called back Friday 7/3, only to be told it still says they can't reactivate as they don't offer service in Ontario, CA. I called Sunday,7/5, the same thing, but I was told a manager would call me. I called Tuesday, 7/7, only to be told a manager would call me today. Then my sister helped me and called. They told her they could reactivate the account, then as she was on hold, it hung up. I called back, with her on the phone with me, and was told it would be reactivated and that they'd call me back in an hour. They NEVER called.

UPDATE: On Thurs 7/9, I called and a rep did say that the issue is that the address wasn't being recognized by the computer, but since that department was closed he called me back on Fri 7/10 and fixed the issue. I was also told that the boxes could be reactivated that Mon 7/12, but on that day the boxes couldn't be activated and I was told that it would be another week for the installers to come out on 7/20 between 8am-12noon. On 7/17 I received a text message reminding me of the install date on 7/20 between 12-4pm at the wrong address. I called Sun 7/19 to get the address fixed and we will find out if this is done.

The issue was NEVER the price, it has always been the lack of infrastructure and communication for EFFICIENT customer service. I have spent over 19 hours on the phone repeating information, sometimes up to five times, in one conversation with the reps.

UPDATE 8/1/2020

The installer did a great job. He called us beforehand to verify the address, as even though I had called three times to correct the address, it was STILL wrong. We never received an apology, discount, or anything else from Direct TV corporate or any "manager" that was supposed to contact us. The installer was the only redeeming one.

User's recommendation: The deals may be good, just know that you'll deal with really bad service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Channel.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

DIRECTV Pros: Deals.

DIRECTV Cons: Very bad service.

Comments