12.4K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This has happened repeatedly. I know I have some show recorded. But then when I go to the recordings list its not in the list. To recover it I do the receiver reset.

Menu->Settings->Reset Options->Restart this receiver

The missing recordings reappear after the box reboots. So far every time. Of course any in progress recordings are lost when I do this and it takes several minutes. But then the recordings disappear again. Repeat.

Dont you clowns test your code b4 release?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

to JB #1606649

I've found an easy work-around to fix this for the Genie. 1) Press List.

2) Select any show on the DVR where you have multiple episodes and press enter to see the episode list. 3) Press the left arrow button to return to the full list.

All programs should return to the full list. It's worked every time I've tried it.

to RP #1624580

amazing - please get a job with directv

to RP #1624584

just amazing - this after spending hours on the phone with duhrectv - thank you, and please get a job with directv

to Garyd #1613979

Thank you! This is the one thing that finally has worked for me!

I've been dealing with this problem since last summer at least, with no resolution or help from DirecTV.

They just don't care. But your method works and now I have finally found some programs that I knew I had but couldn't find before.

This has happened to us ever since AT&T took over. We have to reset our box every other day just to be able to play programs that we recorded.

Calling for support is of no help. I am waiting to be “out of contract”.

I have done this twice in three days. Tonight I called DirecTV and demanded a billing credit because the service does not work as advertised.

I got a tiny credit. I think I will try to do this every couple of weeks until the bug is fixed.

we have 2 tvs that are connected so whatever is recorded on one is recorded on the other. There have been times when the family room tv does not have recordings that was listed and then disappear and I would find the missing shows on the bedroom TV.

Weird!!! I hate DIRECT TV since they changed the format, don't see any improvements just more problems!!

Our problem is that we live in the country and there are no cable hook ups. We have to depend on a dish, so we very limited on what we can do!!!!!

I too am having the same problem.

I have the same problem. It started six months ago and the have not fixed the problem.

I don't think they care.

I don't care any more either. I am switching to Disk tv.

If you hit 0 while on list it will show all recording in alphabetical order. I hate that I have to do it but it does work

to Marilyn #1599416

Mine stopped giving complete list even when I hit 0. It shows me less only 5 shows total. So tired of this *** Thanks AT&T

to Anonymous #1602599

same here. Use to show all, now just 5 or so shows

to Marilyn #1602576

This worked for me. Awesome. Thanks!

to Marilyn #1606291

This used to work for me, but it doesn't any longer. I had to go and search for the show I wanted to watch that I knew was recorded.

It came up that way, but that sure is a pain in the *** I had this problem a few months back, and then it seemed to have fixed itself, but now just this past weekend the same problem again. FIX YOUR *** DIRECTV!!!!

to Marilyn #1613778

But it does not show ALL of the shows, usually down to d e or f....then nothing. I'm ready to go to another provider The list is totally screwed up.

Trying to sort it out by category has it all screwed up.

Why don't you just put it back to the way it used to be......everything on one page with the option to sort either by date or alphabetical order? It doesn't have to be so complicated!

Thank you the directions on resetting the unit. This is so annoying.

I am having the same problem. What is the solution other than ditching them?

I have been so annoyed that I could not find my recordings. !!

The latest twist on the disappearing playlist: Part of my playlist disappeared, so I reset the receiver. Got the missing programs back, but other ones disappeared.

Ones that were not initially missing are now missing. This is all very tiresome.

Att has ruined Directv. This issued is so profoundly annoying as to have become commercial suicide for att. To leave this bad code out there making customers angry day after day, week after week, month after month is hard to comprehend.