12.4K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This has happened repeatedly. I know I have some show recorded. But then when I go to the recordings list its not in the list. To recover it I do the receiver reset.

Menu->Settings->Reset Options->Restart this receiver

The missing recordings reappear after the box reboots. So far every time. Of course any in progress recordings are lost when I do this and it takes several minutes. But then the recordings disappear again. Repeat.

Dont you clowns test your code b4 release?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Same thing happens to me regularly. Also tired of all the other problems like 45-minute wait time to talk with someone and incompetent installers. Leaving Directv when contract is up.

This started happening to use recently too. When we view the LIST, they have disappeared.

But when I click on "Manage Recordings" on the left-hand side menu, they are included in "Recording History" and I can view them same as any DVR recording. I have no idea WHY they disappear from my main DVR list, but I was glad I could still find and watch them (this includes the Wicked special, Jen Zapp.

Hopefully yours is there too! I temporarily had a breakdown when I thought I'd lost it!)

to Betsy S #1598621

Same as you. I cant see what is actually still recorded, but can see what I have set to record under "manage recordings".

But box almost full of recordings, and I cant even delete because they arent listed for me to delete.

I saw the "glitch" was known about in July. Seems that would be plenty of time to fix by now

I recorded both the Wicked special and the Saturday night live special to view on Halloween. Neither of them are available anymore.

Not only that, but when I search neither are available. Are they trying to limit what we can view via recordings?

to Jen Zapp #1591122

See my above post (didn't look for the reply option at first). I was able to find my Wicked after it had disappeared from my DVR list!

Same problem for months. Called tech support and was told there's nothing to be done. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have the same problem. I record my shows and when I want to watch them, they’re no longer in my recordings list.

I just noticed this happening tonight. The shows were there while recording and when I went back to watch them, they were gone.

I thought I was going crazy. Very irritating. I’m sure it has probably happened before but I figured someone had deleted my shows. Tonight I witnessed it.

Not crazy about the whole reboot fix because it takes so long. I guess it doesn’t do any good to complain the way it sounds reading the other posts.

to Patty Lyde #1591045

I had the same exact thing happen to us! So frustrating! This is why we pay for DVR....

this is still not fixed, I have attached an email address for the office of the president........send many emails, maybe they will get this fixed before the end of the year?????? Annette Lane Manager AT&T Office of the President o 877-677-3215, ext. 2044 388 AL1863@att.com

This has been going on for months, directv advise thru email to me that the problem would be fixed by Sept 30, not so...the recorded info changes at any time and the only way to make sure you are watching items in the order recorded is to keep a """""written list""""". Daily I have to go to the settings and look at the recorded history to update my list........I have requested in email to the office of the president to just """"roll back"""" until the update works, ;but no, these corporate types and today's techies just don't know what they are doing..............Just roll back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN FACT, FORGET THE UPDATE AND ROLL BACK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE!!!!!!!

AT&T sucks! I work in IT and there is this thing called “testing”.

I wonder if anyone has told AT&T about this concept.

There is also something called “rollback”. Another term they are apparently unaware of.

This just started happening with me as well. I noticed that some of the recordings will show in the Menu-Recordings section but so far the reset was the only option to get it back. Going to try the resort.

The other suggestion, hit 0 to resort, also appears to work.

to Bob #1578498

Hitting 0 seemed to bypass the problem for awhile but now even that isn't pulling everything up. Called Directv and still Dec.

30 for update. They're busy merging Diretv and ATT now.

to Jackie #1578708

December 30 for update? Are you serious? If this were an app, this bug would last 2 weeks before it was uninstalled

to Bob #1579543

The “0” trick doesn’t work. You only get a limited list of shows in alphabetical order.

Obviously their code is just limiting the number of show titles that can be displayed. How hars is it to fix it?

Obviously the idiots are also trying to fix the screwed up display they created since half of us can no longer read the screen. What stupid decisions they have made after many years of pretty decent operation.

Solution: go to your dvr list, and select manage recordings. Go to series manager and scroll down to the show you want to watch, then select.

Your shows will be listed under available seasons. This will work for shows that you are recording series of

I was told by a representative tonight that the "fix date" for this issue is December 30th. She seemed to know what she was talking about. I asked her why I was previously told end of September and she said she was sorry the rep told me that (she confirmed it was in the notes) but that "everyone knows" that the release date is December 30th.