14.4K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This has happened repeatedly. I know I have some show recorded. But then when I go to the recordings list its not in the list. To recover it I do the receiver reset.

Menu->Settings->Reset Options->Restart this receiver

The missing recordings reappear after the box reboots. So far every time. Of course any in progress recordings are lost when I do this and it takes several minutes. But then the recordings disappear again. Repeat.

Dont you clowns test your code b4 release?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

The other suggestion, hit 0 to resort, also appears to work.

@Bob

Hitting 0 seemed to bypass the problem for awhile but now even that isn't pulling everything up. Called Directv and still Dec.

30 for update. They're busy merging Diretv and ATT now.

@Jackie

December 30 for update? Are you serious? If this were an app, this bug would last 2 weeks before it was uninstalled

@Bob

The “0” trick doesn’t work. You only get a limited list of shows in alphabetical order.

Obviously their code is just limiting the number of show titles that can be displayed. How hars is it to fix it?

Obviously the idiots are also trying to fix the screwed up display they created since half of us can no longer read the screen. What stupid decisions they have made after many years of pretty decent operation.

Solution: go to your dvr list, and select manage recordings. Go to series manager and scroll down to the show you want to watch, then select.

Your shows will be listed under available seasons. This will work for shows that you are recording series of

I was told by a representative tonight that the "fix date" for this issue is December 30th. She seemed to know what she was talking about. I asked her why I was previously told end of September and she said she was sorry the rep told me that (she confirmed it was in the notes) but that "everyone knows" that the release date is December 30th.

Select list, then press 0.

Thanks ! This helped!

@Anonymous

Still doesn't bring all recordings back

Didn’t work

This just happened to us for the first time tonight. The shows were there this afternoon, and when we turned on the TV to watch our recordings, some of them were gone.

I had a hard time convincing my husband that _I_ had not deleted them. You watch!

Some violent personality is going to whack their wife over the head because the recordings are gone and he'll think she did it. Oh my golly, what if a football game is gone?

@Pat

Go to List and press 0.

@Anonymous

That does NOT work. It just gives a limited list of recordings in alphabetical order.

Still missing tons of recorded programs. This is beyond pathetic and stupid

ALL of my dvr shows just disappeared! Ridiculous!

Download the DirectTV App to a mobile device, the Playlist on there is correct. Connect your mobile device to the same local network as your DVR. Then, use the Playlist on the App to “send” a show to your TV.

@Shidoshi

Why oh why didn’t My the phone tech rep suggest this, but then again why didn’t I try it! Thank for kicking me in the crotch and waking me up! BY THE WAY EVERYONE - - THIS DOES WORK!

@Shidoshi

It's been this way since they changed the look of the guide. We can't stand any of it.

You would think there would have been a fix by now. Very irritating.

I agree

Our playlist is limited also. I guess we are not the only ones.

When pressing List, I get limited shows. Even shows currently recording are not on the List. I can find our complete list through the Menu/Playlist option.

Not what I call at great solution, but at least we can find our shows. I can't wait for the List to get fixed.