12.4K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This has happened repeatedly. I know I have some show recorded. But then when I go to the recordings list its not in the list. To recover it I do the receiver reset.

Menu->Settings->Reset Options->Restart this receiver

The missing recordings reappear after the box reboots. So far every time. Of course any in progress recordings are lost when I do this and it takes several minutes. But then the recordings disappear again. Repeat.

Dont you clowns test your code b4 release?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Select list, then press 0.

to Anonymous #1574901

Thanks ! This helped!

to Anonymous #1579297

Still doesn't bring all recordings back

to Anonymous #1585765

Didn’t work

This just happened to us for the first time tonight. The shows were there this afternoon, and when we turned on the TV to watch our recordings, some of them were gone.

I had a hard time convincing my husband that _I_ had not deleted them. You watch!

Some violent personality is going to whack their wife over the head because the recordings are gone and he'll think she did it. Oh my golly, what if a football game is gone?

to Pat #1573610

Go to List and press 0.

to Anonymous #1586169

That does NOT work. It just gives a limited list of recordings in alphabetical order.

Still missing tons of recorded programs. This is beyond pathetic and stupid

ALL of my dvr shows just disappeared! Ridiculous!

Download the DirectTV App to a mobile device, the Playlist on there is correct. Connect your mobile device to the same local network as your DVR. Then, use the Playlist on the App to “send” a show to your TV.

to Shidoshi #1574481

Why oh why didn’t My the phone tech rep suggest this, but then again why didn’t I try it! Thank for kicking me in the crotch and waking me up! BY THE WAY EVERYONE - - THIS DOES WORK!

to Shidoshi #1579138

It's been this way since they changed the look of the guide. We can't stand any of it.

You would think there would have been a fix by now. Very irritating.

to Anonymous #1580250

I agree

Our playlist is limited also. I guess we are not the only ones.

When pressing List, I get limited shows. Even shows currently recording are not on the List. I can find our complete list through the Menu/Playlist option.

Not what I call at great solution, but at least we can find our shows. I can't wait for the List to get fixed.

That doesn’t work

Just happened to me today. Thought I was going crazy because I had about 8 episodes of Judge Judy recorded (don't judge), but couldn't find them.

I literally talked myself into believing I had watched them all. Then a random repeat recorded today and I started it. For about 2 minutes after it ended, I saw all of my recordings. Then, gone.

I have a decent package with ATT and Direct TV combo, but was considering switching phone service because ATT stinks.

I only didn't because I had Direct tv too. This just made my decision to switch to DISH much easier.

to Maxpepper #1568350

I switched to Xfinity two months ago because of this. Was told repeatedly DTV was aware of the issue.

When they told me it might be six to nine months to fix it I switched. Apparently it has something to do with the new on-screen guide. DTV has really gone downhill.

Xfinity is fantastic. Really glad I got rid of it.

to cindy #1568937

Considering switching to Xfinity as well I've had it before and enjoyed it way more than DTV, it's become a joke seems like we have a new problem every month.

This has been getting on my nerves for some time now. It seems so stupid that the bonehead that wrote the programming for the last software update didn't test it before implementing it across the whole country.

Why not just "undo" the last software update and go back to the old software. There's an old saying...."If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT"!!!!

It wasn't broken before but for some reason, they had to "improve" the software. Now it's NOTHING but TROUBLE!

to Scot B #1573611