14.4K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This has happened repeatedly. I know I have some show recorded. But then when I go to the recordings list its not in the list. To recover it I do the receiver reset.

Menu->Settings->Reset Options->Restart this receiver

The missing recordings reappear after the box reboots. So far every time. Of course any in progress recordings are lost when I do this and it takes several minutes. But then the recordings disappear again. Repeat.

Dont you clowns test your code b4 release?

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

That doesn’t work

Just happened to me today. Thought I was going crazy because I had about 8 episodes of Judge Judy recorded (don't judge), but couldn't find them.

I literally talked myself into believing I had watched them all. Then a random repeat recorded today and I started it. For about 2 minutes after it ended, I saw all of my recordings. Then, gone.

I have a decent package with ATT and Direct TV combo, but was considering switching phone service because ATT stinks.

I only didn't because I had Direct tv too. This just made my decision to switch to DISH much easier.

@Maxpepper

I switched to Xfinity two months ago because of this. Was told repeatedly DTV was aware of the issue.

When they told me it might be six to nine months to fix it I switched. Apparently it has something to do with the new on-screen guide. DTV has really gone downhill.

Xfinity is fantastic. Really glad I got rid of it.

@cindy

Considering switching to Xfinity as well I've had it before and enjoyed it way more than DTV, it's become a joke seems like we have a new problem every month.

This has been getting on my nerves for some time now. It seems so stupid that the bonehead that wrote the programming for the last software update didn't test it before implementing it across the whole country.

Why not just "undo" the last software update and go back to the old software. There's an old saying...."If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT"!!!!

It wasn't broken before but for some reason, they had to "improve" the software. Now it's NOTHING but TROUBLE!

@Scot B

Go to List and press 0.

@Anonymous

Used to work, now the alphabetized list will not go past the D's.

@Anonymous

6-9 months to wait for a major bugfixes which likely also includes 6-9 months of more untested changes is easily the worst software support I've ever seen. If this were an app it'd be dead in a week.

Omg me too! I thought I was losing my mind, when I would go and look for shows that I know we’re recording and I know I did not delete and they weren’t there.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Ever since DIRECTV merged with AT&T there have been nothing but issues.

Noticed this today for the first time. I should get my father on here to post his recent customer service story....

2 weeks and 6 service calls, 4 of which they showed up to the wrong address, 1 where they showed up to replaced his main box.... but did not have a box, and the last the tech had the box, and it took the tech 2 hours waiting for phone support to be able to get it programmed.

Same thing here. Don't make changes if you haven't tested to make sure it works. Fix it please.

same thing here, don't understand how this keeps happening when I'm sure Directv is aware of the problem!

I knew when att bought DirecTV, it wouldn't be long until I left...looks like that time is here

How much longer will we put up with this. Looking on going back to Spectrum after 20 years with directv

I used to like it but it ducks now. I hate it worst service.

I can't believe I pay money for this service.

This last update is just the worst, it cuts out, the I lose video, the voice cuts out. I'm almost tempted to go to comcast.

Absolute incompetence. Having to reset my DVR twice a day to watch my recordings is inexcusable.

The entire software testing team should be fired, and the person who OK'd the update to go LIVE across their entire network should be shot. But it's AT&T - they have never given a crap about their customers.

Its part of a corporate culture that ossified while they were a monopoly. Here's some feedback - {{Redacted}} DIRECTV

Lord Shidoshi

Download the DirectTV App to a mobile device, the Playlist on there is correct. Connect your mobile device to the same local network as your DVR. Then, use the Playlist on the App to “send” a show to your TV.

@Lord Shidoshi

thanks, just downloaded the app, works great!

I have never had this problem until a month ago. I think it is worse since AT&T took over and they lied to subscribers about directnow. I would rather go hulu or Amazon since comcast isn't offered here.

By the way if you don't know, "Manage Recordings" is in your "Recordings List" to the left at the top.