1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

So, I woke up the other day and voila! There’s a whole new direct TV guide and display.

No one asked for the change. I used to love direct tv so much I recommended it to EVERYONE! Now, I cringe when I turn my tv on. I cringe when I change the channel because the remote control lags so much.

Sometimes it takes 30 seconds for the remote to catch up to me. It used to be completely responsive. Now - it’s a nightmare!

I won’t be recommending direct TV to anyone in the future. In fact, I’ll be warning people against it!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Guide.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 26.

Comments

I have a solution to this issue. I have an HR44/500 with C41W-500 clients all of which have RC73 remote controls.

My client remotes were lagging terribly bad. I reset the main receiver but that didn't help so I got online with an agent for help. Resolution steps are 1. Click and hold mute + select until you see 2 green blinks at the top of the remote 2.

press 9, 8, 7 on the remote 3. Wait a few seconds and the remote should become much more responsive You need to do this on each of your clients.

I asked the agent what this command did and didn't get an answer. Guess they don't want to share the cause of their issues.

I have the same problem. It is the most annoying thing. The new interface is more modern and sleek but not worth the annoyance and hassle I am experiencing with the system now.

it sucks now, it is so slow