As of 2/9/12 Direct TV has arbitrarily removed Cloo channel from Choice Extra Classic package $58.99 and made it only available on higher Premium Package being Choice Ultimate $74.99- with NO BREAK IN COST FOR REMOVING CHANNEL. If we want to continue viewing Cloo we have to pay $16.00 more a month, to next level for 14 more channels which I am not interested in- Ya IM PISSED! By the way there was no prior notification of this change before it happened.Not sure there is any recourse but if enough people complain I am told maybe they would consider replacing the channel in the Classic lineup.

Review about: Directv Tv Package.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Time to drop and check out another company, or just forget about "fancy" TV all together.

I have been with Directv since the 90's and one of the reasons I never switched to another company is because the others are so much worse than them. But if they are going to start adopting the practices of the cable companies I rejected, then I'm going to have to drop all of them and get Netflix or something. (And I haven't heard such great things about them either.)

Yea, brought this to my attention. I've been a Direc TV customer since day 1 literally. I wonder if they would object to me reducing my monthly payment lets say by oh, $10 maybe just because I feel like it..........

count me in on any mass complaint also.this move stinks.

One could swear that direct tv has been bought out by a cable company.Think I'll call the public servic commission in our state and file a complaint.

So ridiculous!Taking advantage of your customers in this economy is poor business practice.

I've been loyal since the 90's and recommended many current customers. Now after bragging about the excellent service to my friends you do this.

So I get my friends to sign up because the cable company was messing with channels/package prices and now your no better than them?Last time I utter a recommendation with directv...unless it's to avoid your company because you're shysters like the others.

Cloo was one of my favorite channels and I was so ticked when I turned it on and found I had to pay extra!! They just raised our rates and now taking off a channel, get real. I have been a Direct TV customer for over 15 years but am thinking of switching if this is how they are going to treat customers.

Thanks Alot!Guess you dont care enough to keep me as a customer.

Think i'll give dish network or netflix a call. totally pissed of.

when we upgraded we got junk and didnt even get what we wanted.all you care about is your ALMIGHTY dollar.

UPDATE: call and *** do not take no for an answer. I got them to upgrade me for 6 months at a lower price than what I am paying now!

I want my CLOO back!Just WHO 'compelled' you to take it off of my package without any kind of warning whatsoever?

It makes my TV package feel a LOT LESS 'total', if you know what I mean.:(

count me in as pissed I was like what the heck thought it was mistake. I haven't called to complain but I will now.