Although I have NEVER been a customer of Direct tv someone (possibly one of my neighbors) found my lost wallet with my daughter's disability debit card in it and began making monthly payments using this card without my consent. Unfortunately for me and my busy work schedule at the time I did not realize that this was occurring. Months had passed by and I moved to another address still unaware of the fraudulent act. Unbenounced to me the same person must have discontinued their services probably afraid that 8 had caught on and left an outstanding balance on this account. Well Direct tv decides that since "my daughters card had been previously used on the account " that they would garnish the entire disability check all at once. Imagine my surprise when I went to withdraw funds from this account only to be told that the balance was zero. It was then that I contacted my bank who 8 formed me that this was one 9f many drafts paid to direct tv over the past year. As a result I contacted Direct tv and informed them of this fraudulent act against my seven year old daughters bank account. They verified that I was never a customer and that my daughter's card was used to pay this account. We discovered that the total amount due back to me was $1564.00. However, Direct tv denied the claim saying that my previous address was where the services were provided even though I never had Direct tv and was willing to provide them with Mt contract with AT &T who was my cable provider the entire time. I also informed that that the complex where I lived apparently was once a single family home that had now been turned into a duplex. At one point the asked for my bank statements as if they were going to reimburse me the funds but they still keep denying my request with the same reasoning that my address (which just happens to be the address when the duplex was a single family home) was on the account where services were provided. Mind you, my neighbor at the time was a Direct tv customer and her address was two numbers off from mine. I really need help as I have been fighting this case for months and it's getting me nowhere. After two months of calling and calling and submitting the email on y he complaint website I have not received my disabled daughters monies.
I need this company to send out an agent to the physical address so that they can see for themselves that this is no longer a single family home but in fact a duplex with two seperates addresses.
Please please have someone contact me to investigate this matter further.
My name is Ms. Tania Byrd-Ford
My number is 786-803-2076
My email is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Billing Department
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Directv / at and t combo...this was my installation ...damaged 2 walls and my ceiling and then told me if I cancelled my contract I would have to pay an..."
- "On May 15, 2016, I ordered satellite TV through AT&T...My installation date was scheduled for May 17th, but I changed it to May 21st. The technician arrived at 7:55..."
- "Well, I just got off the phone with DirecTV after spending about 4 hours in total this week trying to secure the NFL Sunday Ticket in any way possible. I'm..."
- "We two Hungarian engineers who travel lots. In Miami celebrating 15th wedding anniversary a Roomorama nightmare. Host email@example.com or Florida Luxury Vacation Rentals promised wonderful things. We followed instructions carefully,..."
- "I hired sears to clean my air ducts. THey had a special, thank god because it wasn't even worth the Special! I live in Miami florida so a/c system is..."
- "PLEASE READ I hope I help someone else avoid the stress I endured with DHGATE! I think it's about time I express the POOR unprofessional customer service that DH Gate often..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."