Review about Directv Cancellation Policy from Osceola, Arkansas

2023 of 7063 Directv reviews

My bill got too high so I could not continue to pay and service was disconnected.I returned all equipment but my bill jumped from 200 to over $685.31.

Directv charged a debit card that I had used in the past the entire amount without warning. I filed a complaint with them and was told that this was common business practice and wrote that they did not know my account number (#10425342) so they couldn't explain the charges at that time. I replied with my account number and got no reply until today. A final bill showing a &0.00 balance with no explanation of charges and a statement in large print noting that all outstanding balances are charged to credit/debit cards on file.

As a result of Directv's actions I now am in danger of having my car repossed, having our electricity turned off and we will have to borrow money to have enough food until I get my check next month. Directv could have contacted me about a payment plan but they did not. I guess they don't have to since they encourage customers to pay by card. I believe these are shady business practices and I feel as if I have been robbed.

I just want the world to know that Directv does not care about it's customers.Directv only cares about money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Directv Cancellation Policy
Review category
Telecommunications
review #721828

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Directv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2023 of 7063 Directv reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 22, 2015 #1052371

I purchased a two year deal with Direct TV last year thru Costco. After a month they still had not made the system work as promised. They finally quit showing up to fix the system.
They left the drop ceiling out in the basement game room.
I called to cancel and was told that there was a $600.early termination fee. I politely told them I would see them in *** before paying anything. I believe this fits the definition of fraud.
Took 2 more months to fix and went back to cable. Do not give these people anything until you are happy with the system and installation. Jim F.. In Atlanta

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Directv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about
×