Paul H Mdj

Verified Reviewer

Just wanted to say I got good help

I needed help with a new remote. The person I spoke with was very helpful, and my problem was solved!!!

New Format

I and many others I know do not like the new format at all. It is a lot harder to read, among other things.

Robert D Mrb

140.00 a month for old programming,unless i pay more .BTW this payment doesn't include any premium channels. in to days times there are so meany other ways to watch tv without being bent over !

reply icon Replying to comment of Robert D Mrb

I’m sick and tired of Direct TV. It costs a bunch.

I’m retired and get 50 to 60 channels for ads Hispanic no offense to them. It’s a waste and I am figuring out I can pretty much get everything through a satellite Riki Amazon.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1712417

Racist!

reply icon Replying to comment of Robert D Mrb

Amen to that. They have been gouging their long time customers for years while giving breaks to new customers.

They haven't offered me one perk in years. I hear they may go to internet streaming.

They could give it to me free and I wouldn't use those pirates ever again. Getting rid of them was very liberating to say the least.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1744138

We were with DirectTv for 15 years and were paying over $200 for programming with The Ticket. Finally got fed up and let them shut us off and we now have Hulu and Amazon Prime and LOVE IT! Screw DirectTv

reply icon Replying to comment of Robert D Mrb

Not only are these thieves hemorrhaging market share. ; Theyre doing everything they can to alienate the few customers they have left.

Take heart consumers. The market will solve your DirecTv problems.

They're going defunct sooner than later. Ill dance on their putrid grave on that day.

reply icon Replying to comment of Robert D Mrb

Service Sucks.... Worst customer service ever.

If you stand up for yourself they harass your service... My guide takes off on its own, running very quickly through every station, over and over... I even pulled out the batteries during this time and it kept running through them. During this virus, we as customers must pay or bill or be disconnected...

Yet, they don't need to answer our calls... Each time I call, I'm on hold for over an hour.... Then they do not fix the problem, because they are the Problem. I've rebooted my system many times...

Problem is customer service trash... They Intentionally mess with your service and deny your calls. I finally changed my number with them.. Now I'm receiving multiple spam messages from Strange companies...

My privacy rights have been violated. This is the Worst service you can ever pay for.. And believe me you will over pay your *** service. Don't waste your time or money on them.

I also have many videos of my service going down because it's sprinkling outside.

Customer service will blatantly lie to you and never have consequences for their actions, at Least not from the company... God See's Everything.

Guest

I hope you are going to change the weather app back so we can access the radar and other features we depend on. What is on there now is totally useless.

Guest

I agree with all of the comments. My wife and I are older and can no longer read the information from our chairs.

She likes to record shows so she can skip commercials if she wants, but can not see how far she is advancing the tv as it is hard to read the numbers for seconds skipped. They need to go back to the way it was.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1631244

I agree. The new setup is terrible. Go back to the way it was.

View more comments (1309)

New TV guide sucks

Your a bunch of idiots at att directv. AT&T has ruined everything about directv.

With this new guide they should be paying me to watch and use their crap. One more wrong move and I might as well go with the *** local tv spectrum.

It’s a lot cheaper and you get the same crap AT&T has brought to directv. Thanks you morans.

Guest

AGREED! I have only had problems- weekly!

Guest

Direct TV is a pathetic excuse for a customer service company. They are clueless for sure.

Guest

The service at direct tv is as bad as AT&T , I can not wait till july to cancel this horrible company out of my life , AT&T and Direct are the worse companies in America , Stay clear of them !

Att has ruined Directv

Hurley Lbu

I worked as CSA many years ago, was assigned to Dell, the center also had Logitech, as well as other companies. When you're speaking to an agent, that individual is in a call center.

Calling to complain will fall on deaf hears. Some 18 year old guy from who knows where is trying their best to follow the instructions for your particular issue that they've been provided with. Try to keep your calm because you're causing the situation to escalate. Instead write/type a letter and send it via snail mail.

Make it certified so that someone at that physical location must sign to receive the document. Emails, calls, and blog posts are all sorted nice and neat in some server that is likely nowhere near the physical location of the company. In summary, be mad at the company, not the CSA.

One other thing about the guide showing title not available or similar, it takes a while to fill because the box has to download a massive amount of data. Not just titles of shows, summaries for the programs must downloaded as well as info on the cast for all these programs.

Hurley Lbu
reply icon Replying to comment of Hurley Lbu

I wanted and a little info for further clarification. All that info is being downloaded by air.

Remember dialup modems? I started out with a 33k dialup modem, then eventually upgraded to the 56k modem. The 56k modem was faster but a 3 minute song encoded as an mp3 was about 3mb and it would take maybe an hour or so for 1 song!

This was back in the late '90s. Anything you did on a computer took FOREVER, we all survived that.

Guest

*** is correct! My guide was working perfectly until 8/5/2019. Now they updated, and the search future listings is not working right.

Guest

I called Direct TV customer service last winter about the sudden loss of local channel 10 (WBPN). The rep said they were working on a resolution.

It's now August and now Direct TV has also dropped 2 more channels! (20) WBGH, and 40 (FOX/WICZ). Typical *** from cable tv companies. I am looking for alternatives to DROP Direct TV and tell them to go "F" themselves.

These channels are primary sports channels, Syracuse Basketball, Yankees baseball, US Open golf, etc. Direct TV thinks that adding this EPIX movie channel is suppose to make up for it? NOPE ...

I've had it ... Neil Vestal, New York 13850

Caswell Xfs

I totally agree with good markhor,but its been more than 20 yrs for me.now dtv is all about raising prices,searching the site for info and at&t trying to get you to buy their product.poor customer service.charging you for a receiver,and another charge for hd.its Crazy!!!!!!imstill searching for the DAM channel updates.I think itstimei disconnected from this insanity......

reply icon Replying to comment of Caswell Xfs

I gave up on DTV too. Not missing it at all.

View more comments (812)

New guide disaster!

This is company is a daily ad for other tv companies! Why would you change your guide so that the background and small writing make it almost impossible to read!

If I didn’t know the channel numbers by heart, I certainly wouldn’t know what I wanted because you cannot tell, and when you select something you still don’t know what you have chosen, ID channel, Lifetime etc, because it does not say anything to let you know what channel it is other than the number! Someone should be fired over this!! Also we are still getting audio, video, and slow remote problems!! 2 months ago when called about the first two things the said they knew about this, as they were working on fixing the problem, after letting me explain the problem for 20 mins,!

The remote is a recent problem since the guide change. Changing to cable!!

Bad quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

Today August 18 - FIX YOUR SOFTWARE. Yes, you can't read a thing it's so tiny, you click on a picture to see a recording and it gives you the list of recordings, so you have to find it anyway. And now, you can't fast forward or stop or back, UGH, you make us pay so much, I won't be using you much longer.

Guest

When paging down through the guide, if it stops on one of the highlighted movie ads, it locks up and takes a couple of minutes to start moving again. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1707572

Same here

Guest

Hate hate hate DTV guide do much I will change providers when contract is up.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1685496

I also hate DTV the channel guide is the NOT user friendly at all . I believe they did this for some sinister reason . HATE HATE DTV.

I agree

Maylani Rix

This is what has happened since At&T got a hold of directv. Been a customer for more than 20 years, and am fed up.

What is wrong with your Engineers?

That stupid vertical line you have on the guide is ridiculous to say the least. Going to lose a lot of faithful customers very soon, unless you make drastic changes to the system.

Donita Psn
reply icon Replying to comment of Maylani Rix

Since AT&T took over it’s went to ***

Guest

I have had recurring issues with Direct TV also along the lines of this comment. I don't have an option for cable as I live out of any normal service and local broadcast results in snow. Wish they would get their act together.

Guest

Did you clowns try to change it again only to make it worse? Great merger!

Remember when you would call customer service and get assistance ? And not a mouthy 2 bit manilla ***

View more comments (844)

SR VP, Customer Care

2230 E Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Email: Ellen.Filipiak@***.com

Consumers, UNITE! There IS power in numbers. Bombard, innundate Ms. Filipiak's office with your concerns and complaints. If there are as many as I believe there are, they will not be able to ignore them.

Additionally, I urge you to contact your Better Business Bureau (again, if they get enough complaints, they CAN do something about it) and contact your County Consumer Affairs office (contact name and address can be found on your local County website).

Stop these people from stealing our money and providing abominable service.

Presten Tvb

I have been a customer for over 15 years and can never get good customer help I have called three times today to try to get a technician at my location one person hang up on me customer service was supposed to call me back a supervisor representatives don’t document the account of the complaints and the rudeness from the represent her

Liam Rex

Very disappointed that you are dropping OAN!!!!

Robie Unh

This is the worst service I have ever seen. 5 service cancellations from direct tv by them.

The last one we were assured was scheduled. It was not.

Their service is a health issue because they really don’t care or their automated service stinks. I am paying the $110 to stop the contract and going with the dish network.

Guest

I would like to know what has happened to living faith network we were watching the promise land even though it is advertising that it comes on at a certain time it does not can you give me an explanation why it’s not on the time it says on the schedule.

Guest

I wish to tell you that I feel you are not providing the service that I'm being billed for. I know you rebroadcast the programming--but tonight I tried to watch a movie--the programming volume required the sound level of about 70% to hear the audio.

When commercial came on it was deafening, about 20% for the same volume of audio as the programming. I know this is correctable as I was a tech with the real AT&T and dealt with volume issues with toll calls as part of my job.

Please spend the money to save customers this type of aggravation or you may not have enough customers to pay your salary. Have the type of day you cause your customers to have.

Palestine Ozo

I am sick of paying for channels I can not watch and the price for direct TV gets higher. I pay for 54 Spanish channels I do not want or understand.

I hate I going to miss my programs with NBC over their problem not mine. Get it fixed

Guest

I am assuming that we will all be getting a discount for the time that we lost with the CBS channel. This is my favorite go-to channel and I’m frustrated every day that it’s not there.

Please come to terms and restore a channel that I’m paying you for.

After all there are other cable companies that are not having a dispute with CBS and I’ll be looking into them. Carolyn

Guest

I am very unhappy that we lost channel 5 KSDK. I’ve had direct tv for a long time.

But this is it, if we do not get it back real soon. I will get rid of direct tv for good.

Guest

I have been paying for NBC channel for years this a local channel in my area and now I don’t have it. This is where I can get my local weather and news.

You have already taken away the DYI channel that I have also been paying for.

I would like to know when my channel NBC will be back in. If it is not on with in the next few days I will cancel with direct tv and go to another provider that will give me the channels that I want!!!!!!

Guest

In the past I have paid for the NFL package and was a super fan of the NFL but now their disrespect and hate for this nation us unacceptable. I WILL NEVER WATCH THE NFL AGAIN!!!!!!!

View more comments (1840)
Daryan Ffz
map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

No service

DIRECTV - No service
Its very frustrating when you wait for 25 minutes and get NO HELP COMMUNICATION IS KEY You hire people that have poor speaking skills and you put them on the phone to answer that makes no sense

User's recommendation: Put people on the phone they have clear speaking skills it helps

Resolved
Henry O Ewx

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Increase prices on a whim, yet have not had local NBC or CBS for over two months now. Also want to charge customers $14 for a couple of sports channels. Direct TV SUCKS!

Updated by user Sep 20, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Direct tv brought back my NBC and CBS local stations after two and a half months. They also lowered my ridiculous monthly bill.

Original review Sep 12, 2023
Price increases while NBC and CBS havent been available for over two months! Direct tv has lost me as a customer forever!
Cons:
  • No nbc

Preferred solution: My NBC and CBS stations!

User's recommendation: Stay away

Thomas B Spb

DirecTV Reboot/Restart

I *was* a DirecTV customer from 2015 - ****. Then their prices tripled in less than 3 months and I cancelled.

Over the past several months they've reached out, but NO price drops, only fewer channels available in my most recent package selection (Select Package).

They JUST reached out to me for the sixth time, telling me about how they were dropped by AT & T, restructuring, etc.

Okay, sounds great.

I continued talking to the rep, a caucasian woman IN the U.S. She verified my information, the pricing I'd get for 2 years locked in ($75 + $5-ish for taxes, fees) and I was ready to sign up. I received an email with an installation date and time, but the address was completely incorrect.

I called customer service. THEN it happened.

I was transferred to someone at a call center in southeast Asia.

For over an hour I tried to get that the rep to understand that they STILL HAD in their system an old address attached to my account from 5 years prior.

I told her my NEW/CORRECT house number AND street name no less than 4 times, but she still got it wrong.

I even spoke to a "supervisor", who I wrong assumed would be someone domestic INSIDE the U.S. NO.

He, too, got my address wrong in a second email after I thought he would fix things.

I typed into Google maps for my city, and nope "No such address exists. Please refine your search."

That did it. I'm NOT going to toss $2,000 over two years locked-in and look the other way.

1) Start using DOMESTIC, English speaking customer service reps.

2) Lower your package prices and set them at a locked-in price for life.

Your previous CenturyLink company does that right now with their 1gigabit fiber optic internet service.

-----

Here's what THEY (DirecTV) doesn't want to talk about:

Under the previous administration in D.C. (Trump), the Republicans gave the 1 and 2% companies (DirecTV is in that group) a PERMANENT tax cut which they told us companies would use to help their customers, create more jobs, blah blah blah.

NO! Didn't happen.

And here we are.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go with Dish Network or various streaming services.

Celina G Aav

| map-marker Little Rock, Arkansas

No answer on phone

On hold for over an hour!!! Terrible service. ANSWER MY CALL!!! Adding 100 characters!!! You are terrible!!!

User's recommendation: Don’t use att internet unles you have no other option

BARBARA B Xta

Tooooo many problems

Service interruptions and I do not want automatic withdrawal now I get a notice the bill is increasing by $5 a month wow unreal
Loss:
Pros:
  • Trying to think of one
Cons:
  • Too many to count

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else

map-marker Reno, Nevada

Restored service after my wife passed away. And they made it 10 times harder and they try to upsell me.

I called because when I originally purchased my bundle it was through AT&T. They sense moved on to DIRECTV, which sucks because the people tell you theyre going to do one thing like give you this package.

Next thing they upsell you to another package without your permission and then they tell you that theyre going to give you a percentage off like a promotional 20% off here and then they dont do it. Its all BS. I might as well go with spectrum if I wanna get screwed over. DIRECTV is a joke, a complete joke.

Everything is an extra fee, every channel extra fee, sports channels, extra fees everythings extra extra extra, which makes them extra freaking stupid you want good customers you want customers to pay on time present a good product and you cant do that its a joke save your money go somewhere else I am going to cancel my membership my service my everything with them. They are a joke.

Im even pissed off at AT&T for switching to DIRECTV and partnering with somebody like that. I might switch my Wi-Fi because DIRECTV sucks so bad Ill take it out on AT&T.

User's recommendation: Don’t believe anything they say, unless you have it in writing

Guest

We had dish Network put in by my brother-in-law when they moved down here from North Dakota it didn't stay there very long either because their service stunk.

Charlie E Det

Picture breaks up , freezes

Channels 2-13,picture froze, jiggled, cut off Took some time to get to your service person JAM who finally book technician to come tomorrow Like
Pros:
  • Easy to select channels
Cons:
  • Loss of nfl

Preferred solution: Fix my issues!!

User's recommendation: Call you

Kathy D Kms
map-marker Boynton Beach, Florida

Taking my money

I signed up recently at suggestion of AT&T and realized I could not afford to chave cable service since I am divorcing. I didnt realize they had a 2 week window to cancel before charging. I was over by a couple days and they are trying to charge me $480.00!! Besides writing corporate and better business bureau., is there anything else I can do? This is crazy and I feel I am being scammed.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Excessive costs

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t use Direct Tv

Resolved
Russ G Qri

Resolved: NBC channel goes black several times during a program.

Updated by user Aug 17, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement. A new remote is being sent to us.

Original review Aug 17, 2023
April was very helpful and patient with us as she walked us through the process, and explained the issues that we were having. She tried very hard to make sure that we could understand her, speaking more slowly when necessary, because even a slight accent is more difficult on the phone than in person. Im sure that she has been instructed to try to sell customer service-related insurance , which she did try, and we declined, but our issue was resolved in the end.
Pros:
  • Pretty good channel selection

User's recommendation: Be patient and utilize the video technologies offered.

Thomas C Xbs

1 hour wait time!

1 hour wait time for Customer Service? This is not Service, this is pathetic. There. Should be an option for a Service call back Que.
Cons:
  • Slow response to issues
  • Poor

Preferred solution: Better Customer Service

map-marker Orlando, Florida

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Our TV reception stopped on a Saturday afternoon. When I called for service I was given another number to calls .

Turns out it was not Directv . But a company called DSI. And they do not answer the phone or do service on weekends. So much for 24/7 service .

On Monday I Got the run around from Directv . I was told the repair company was not part of the company and had their own policies . They said I chose to deal with them . I told them that was not true , I called the number I was given by Directv.

I was told by the outside company that I had to pay by credit card a large amount upfront or they would not come to see what the problem was .

I told them I would not pay upfront , because what if it was Directvs problem . Service request was canceled

I am now looking for a new provider .

User's recommendation: Do not use Directv

Guest

LYDIA WILLIAMS IWANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVENOT HADTV IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS AND IGET THE RUNAROUNDEVERY TIME ICALL .THEY SAY SOMEONE WILL CALLIN 72 HOURS AND NOONE CALLS

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article