14.2K views
4.8

Update by user Mar 30, 2016

Update, another number they gave and promo code when they actually call me back today to see if I was interested in the deal.

888-406-3801 promo code cxdtv87435

I had a specialist from Direct TV three-way call with me in to this number pressing option 2.

The audio has a DirecTV announcement however it's not the same as the main DirecTV's audio that place when you call them. The specialist acted like she was calling in for her mother, that she was offered a promotion and wanted to find out more information about it. The guy gave out all my information on my account including the equipment that I have in the packages I have. Now they're expecting people to get a prepaid Amazon card to pay off five months which comes to just under $300.

Actual total is 299. 95.

The specialist from DirecTV meet sure if this was reported to management. Mind you prior to talking with the specialist the agent from customer service had actually told me that the number I gave she spoke with her manager who had confirmed this is a third-party to DirecTV.

THIS IS NOT!!!! Had I believe this dumb agent who lied… I would've been out $300.

Thankfully I didn't trust this girl and was transferred to a specialist even though I profusely kept requesting to speak to her manager. She too has been reported and I'm sure she's going to be jobhunting !!!

And by the way I'm still waiting for my $150 gift card!

Original review posted by user Mar 10, 2016

Received a call with the Direct TV/Directv phone number on my caller ID. This is a SCAM.

They are spoofing/putting up a fake phone number to show on your caller ID(it shows Directv number it's not them!). IF you have Direct TV, they will offer you the full package with the sports package, all HD channels for 2 years at $59.99 a month, no contract, can cancel anytime, and you get a $100 Amazon Gift Card. You are told you have to pay 6 mo in advance now for this offer. I put the agent on hold, called Direct TV, Spoke with a Supervisor who guaranteed Direct TV will NEVER ask you to pay money in advance for any promotions.

They verified that this is a Scam.

The scam agent was foolish enough to give me a call back number in case we got disconnected - 888-488-7706 x1029 gave the name Daniel (He is from the Philippians), This is not Direct TV. This same number has been looped in with many other scams.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). un4gtble14u is overall dissatisfied with DIRECTV. The most disappointing about directv tv package at DIRECTV was bad reception in bad weather , but reviewer liked pricing. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about DIRECTV.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare DIRECTV to other companies on our site.

Comments

#1519688

Thank you for the information. Now it is EBay instead of Amazon.

You just saved me from making a big mistake. Remember if it sounds to good to be true .....it is, They are ghosting Direct TV number!

to Patty Canatsey #1525015

My experience was basically the same but more money. I was told $89.99 for DirecTV Premier Package with Pay & Sports Channels and the scammer said I was to purchase an EBAY gift card for $360 for 4 months in advance. I was also told I'd get a $100 Visa gift card in 3 - 5 days sent UPS.My promo code was DTV1090 and the phone number to call back with the gift card # was 888-910-3772 Extension 1I hung up and immediately looked it up on Yahoo - and found this site.I am so glad I checked this out because I know DirecTV has offered promotions in the past - and they were legit.Scammers are getting more bold and savvier - we have to be more and more alert!

Just got a call today for the same "promotion " ... sounded too good to be true so I called Direct TV directly and they said it is not a true promotion of theirs.

Don't get scammed!!!! If something seems too good to be true these days, check it out for yourself!

Just received “The Call”.Too good to be true so I called Directv ans they confirmed it’s a scam. Directv has been hacked, like previous posts here, they had all my info.What bothers me more is Directv has not made this public.

Just received call today (showed coming from DirecTVs number 800-531-5000) telling me to call DirecT's billing department at 888-680-7949 - same deal as everyone's mentioning. At end, they said I needed to go purchase a $240 Amazon gift card and call back with the number, and then I'd get my $100 VISA gift card via UPS plus the $59.99/month for all channels, including movie and sports package for 2 years.

They had my account number, my cell number, my address - everything! Definitely a scam - can't believe they are still doing this 2 years after the original post!

to Kathy #1511026

Got the call and I believed! It was using an eBay gift card!

Im so mad I didn’t check it out more! Lost $300 but I’m more angry that I believed the crooks.My 88 yr old Dad has been scammed so many times that I watch his email daily and I should of known!!!

Thank goodness you all posted this scam! They are still at it.

Thanks for the heads up!!. I just the got the call and was almost scammed.

Luckily my senses kicked in and I called Direct TV. They talked a good game but couldn't fool me.

I have received this same call. They spoofed DirectTV's phone number!

I received a call today from AT&T / direct tv regarding a two-year deal offering all the premium channels and the Sunday NFL ticket all I had to do was pay two months in advance through a $300 eBay gift card. I called DirecTV the same number the scammers called me on to confirm they told me it was a scam.

I don't know how they're hacking into the 800 number but they are, because my phone rang as the correct # 800-531-5000 DirecTV. PLEASE BEWARE ITS A SCAM.

The deal they offered me was 62.50 for 2 years. pay 250.00 up front with an amazon gift card.

this would cover my at&t cell phones and direct tv for 2 years. new # 844-464-0754 then changed to 844-464-0752

to scott #1452187

We just got the same call, telling us to call the 844-464-0752 number with promo DTV26373. Went online and found this scam warning.

Wow. Unnerving that they have our info.

Just got the call... here is their return number 888 248 0718i wish I had an expired gift card

I just received a call from a Norman who stated he was with Direct TV offered me $50 no other fees including maintanence, 320 premium channels, NFL package , Showtime, HBO, Cinemax all for $50...but I needed to pay 6 Mos in advance with a Green dot Money pak card.

Same here,$59.99 for 24 months, added all movie premium channels plus NFL. Promoted by Amazon. Buy gift card for $300, call 888-588-8639-1, give authorization #DTV-090-247.

Direct TV and Amazon confirmed scam.

I got taken for $300.00 to these ***. It *** my off.

to Rick #1443294

You are a dumbass.

I also got this call today. Went online to check it and found this link, I was suspicious because they said that I had to do it today before 9 pm (big red flag).

I called the number back and it was listed as Direct-TV and had their sound bite at the beginning. BEWARE: If it sounds too good to be true, it sure is.

Got this scam call today also. Don't be too ashamed if you for taken...I'm a PI and they has me listening to it for a while because they knew my name, my address, my account info.

The flag went up when they wanted prepay.

Someone has hacked their database. I'm concerned about my account information.

I just got called from the DirecTV phone number, 62.50 /24 months all premium channels.