15.9K views
4.8

Update by user Mar 30, 2016

Update, another number they gave and promo code when they actually call me back today to see if I was interested in the deal.

888-406-3801 promo code cxdtv87435

I had a specialist from Direct TV three-way call with me in to this number pressing option 2.

The audio has a DirecTV announcement however it's not the same as the main DirecTV's audio that place when you call them. The specialist acted like she was calling in for her mother, that she was offered a promotion and wanted to find out more information about it. The guy gave out all my information on my account including the equipment that I have in the packages I have. Now they're expecting people to get a prepaid Amazon card to pay off five months which comes to just under $300.

Actual total is 299. 95.

The specialist from DirecTV meet sure if this was reported to management. Mind you prior to talking with the specialist the agent from customer service had actually told me that the number I gave she spoke with her manager who had confirmed this is a third-party to DirecTV.

THIS IS NOT!!!! Had I believe this dumb agent who lied… I would've been out $300.

Thankfully I didn't trust this girl and was transferred to a specialist even though I profusely kept requesting to speak to her manager. She too has been reported and I'm sure she's going to be jobhunting !!!

And by the way I'm still waiting for my $150 gift card!

Original review posted by user Mar 10, 2016

Received a call with the Direct TV/Directv phone number on my caller ID. This is a SCAM.

They are spoofing/putting up a fake phone number to show on your caller ID(it shows Directv number it's not them!). IF you have Direct TV, they will offer you the full package with the sports package, all HD channels for 2 years at $59.99 a month, no contract, can cancel anytime, and you get a $100 Amazon Gift Card. You are told you have to pay 6 mo in advance now for this offer. I put the agent on hold, called Direct TV, Spoke with a Supervisor who guaranteed Direct TV will NEVER ask you to pay money in advance for any promotions.

They verified that this is a Scam.

The scam agent was foolish enough to give me a call back number in case we got disconnected - 888-488-7706 x1029 gave the name Daniel (He is from the Philippians), This is not Direct TV. This same number has been looped in with many other scams.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Package.

I liked: Pricing.

I didn't like: When it rains you lose hd reception.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 10, 2016.

Comments

Received scam text message just now from 888-358-5290 saying: "Valued Customer, Last day to get 50% discount on your monthly bill. Use Promo code: EBAY.

When you call at 1-888-358-5290 before promo expires. DirectTV AT&T"

Received a text message from 772-92 to call 888-358-5290 (DirectTV) but it is a scam.

Just got call from 888-606-2063 x 1. Told Direct TV for $99 a month for 2 years, all movies and NFL Package. Just buy Ebay Card for $300.

I got text offer purporting to be promotion for Direct TV. Phone# was 888-358-5290 & said use promo code EBAY to get 50% off current bill.

Call went to a Philippine call center & they wanted $350 upfront to reduce monthly bill to $65 per month. They said I would also get 3 premium channels free and a gift card for $150. They did no verification of acct# or even how much my current bill is.

I questioned them further & they hung up on me. I called ATT and they told me it was a total scam (which I had already figured out.)

11.28.18 - Same thing as RaNetta (they wanted $300 on ebay cards for the same deal---4 free months and $59.99 for two years after. And I would get all the premium channels for free) and the number they gave me to call 1-888-588-2434 - promo code DTV197-23B

I receive a call on 11.17.18 from a know AT&T number that I have personally used on past customer service calls and they wanted $300 on ebay cards for the same deal---4 free months and $59.99 for two years after. And I would get all the premium channels for free.

to RaNetta #1594461

Did it actually work??

11/6/18 - I just received a call asking for 4 months paid upfront (with an Amazon gift card)... claim number to call is 888-401-6831 promo code DTV007821.

I told them that I need to verify this myself before agreeing to anything.

Inform yourself people... if it sounds to good to be true it most likely is!

Happened to me so urked how do i get my money back

How do we get our money back?

I got a similar call (9/26/2018) - some indian accent guy wanted me to pay with an eBay gift card calling 1.888.803.3175.

happening again just happened today, but they are saying EBAY gift card..

I got the same call yesterday, they wanted 300 for 6 months, and I was to call in with an ebay card, the number was ghosted to look like it came from Directv, I confirmed with Directv that there is no such promotion.

This just happened to me too!

Update on Directv Scammers Call today from 800-288-2020 Caller ID says A T & T (I confirmed that this number is an A T & T Number) Caller stated that they would reduce my Directv Bill to $69.99 per month. I needed to call 888-258-0681 by 9 pm with an Ebay Prepaid Gift Card for $350.00.

By doing so today I would receive a $150.00 gift card which would be sent to my service address. I asked them to confirm by Directv Account number and they were able to do so. They were even able to confirm my home address. This is quite disturbing.

As soon as I hung up I contacted Directv and confirmed that this was a scam and a detailed report was made. I added a password to my account. I would recommend that you do so also. I asked the representative how they could have gotten my information.

She stated possibly my paper bills. I do not receive paper bills. All is electronic so I believe they have been hacked.

From the comments online it looks like this has been going on for awhile. Just SAD!!!!!

I got this call today from DirecTV's number 1-800-531-5000. $360 Amazon Gift Card to cover 4 months at $89.99.

If I could call them back at 1-888-391-7563 before 9 pm, I would receive a $150 gift card in return and this rate for the next 2 years. They has also provided me with a promotion code.

Luckily after enough searching and many calls back with several questions I was able to verify this as a scam. I contact AT&T about this and they noted my account.

#1519688

Thank you for the information. Now it is EBay instead of Amazon.

You just saved me from making a big mistake. Remember if it sounds to good to be true .....it is, They are ghosting Direct TV number!

to Patty Canatsey #1525015

My experience was basically the same but more money. I was told $89.99 for DirecTV Premier Package with Pay & Sports Channels and the scammer said I was to purchase an EBAY gift card for $360 for 4 months in advance. I was also told I'd get a $100 Visa gift card in 3 - 5 days sent UPS.My promo code was DTV1090 and the phone number to call back with the gift card # was 888-910-3772 Extension 1I hung up and immediately looked it up on Yahoo - and found this site.I am so glad I checked this out because I know DirecTV has offered promotions in the past - and they were legit.Scammers are getting more bold and savvier - we have to be more and more alert!

Just got a call today for the same "promotion " ... sounded too good to be true so I called Direct TV directly and they said it is not a true promotion of theirs.

Don't get scammed!!!! If something seems too good to be true these days, check it out for yourself!

Just received “The Call”.Too good to be true so I called Directv ans they confirmed it’s a scam. Directv has been hacked, like previous posts here, they had all my info.What bothers me more is Directv has not made this public.