1.3K views
3.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Wanted to watch Star Trek Discovery, looked very hard to find the channel, looked for CBS, however it was listed under KPAX 8 - DTV Guide stated the show started at 7:30 - 8:30, so we hit the record button to record the series (it was also showing 60 Minutes showing from 7:00 - 7:30PM) At 7:25 we switched to the channel to watch the show only to find that the show was already in progress and we lost seeing the first half hour of the show, as we watched we were totally lost and disappointed- at 8:00 it was over, however the DTV guide showed it was still on until 8:30, however at 8:30 a totally different show was showing and we still don't know what happened I called up DTV pissed, was placed on hold for 15 minutes, and when someone finally got on the phone to talk to me, that said they could not help and transferred me over to someone else, I waited for another few minuets and then was hung up on I pay 70.00 a month to watch about 10 channels and the one time I wanted to really see a show, they screwed it up - DTV sucks and as soon as I can find a decent replacement, they are gone -

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Guide.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Customer service - times have changed, Customer service, Internet in the future.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 24, 2017.

Comments

It's a CBS caused issue not Dtv. Dtv isn't in control of the CBS channel.

Being upset at DTV here is like being mad and Walmart because mc donalds forgot to put ketchup in your happy meal, totally asinine. To watch star trek discovery CBS is only allowing it to people who pay them for their *** streaming service.

I would suggest pirating the show online. Problem solved.

We were able to view the first episode at the time it aired, however unable to find the next 5 episodes. No search on DTV results in the program. So my question is, has CBS limited programming for DTV subscribers?

I feel your pain, did the exact same thing and got the same results for the 1st airing, now we find out that is only available for streaming on the CBS All Access subscription channel. This is a CBS not a DTV issue, though we didn't know it after waiting all that time for the new show.

We are screwed into buying an additional subscription and possibly new equipment to watch 1 show.

That's good customer relations......... I do love Star Trek but I can't do this......been a fan since the beginning........

I have Direct Tv and I want to watch the new "Startreck Discovery". I don't see it offered at the times it has been advertised.

What's going on? I'm not about to spend anymore money to watch tv as we have Netflix and Direct Tv.

I myself had a similar problem. Knew I would not be home, so set the DVR to record it.

Did not set the extra time thing, and forgot that football games might delay it. Figured not a big deal, as I would be able to see the next showing of it, or watch it on demand.

My bad. ow, I have to figure out where I can view the half hour or so I missed from the end.

CBS want's you to throw down the 9.99 a month. It's a game people they want your money.

It is not Directv's fault. CBS delays programming routinely during sports seasons.

The Packers-Bengals game went into overtime.

The program was delayed 28 minutes. If you are not home, set your DVR for extra time at the end to cover problems.

WE could not even find it in the direct tv guide... it also will not search and find it.

what has happened to direct tv....i'll tell you what....AT&T!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...not long before I drop it all. Iv'e about had it.

"find a decent replacement"

you wont-----dish network sucks also