I have been with DirecTV for almost 8 years. Generally, I have been very pleased with the service.

Oh sure, you have an occasional signal loss but I haven't had it be a big deal. And, of course, you have to negotiate with them once your out of contract or they'll charge you as much as they can, but that's typical. What I can't deal with is their 4K High Definition service. I bought a 4K TV in late November and ordered 4K HD service.

They came, hooked it up and left, No Problem. That was December 10th. Pretty much right away we started noticing "sound drops". It's exactly what it sounds like, nothing for a momentary period.

This happens every couple of minutes. It's now March 29th, and still no better. I even took the first TV back, thinking it was possibly defective. Nope, it's the service.

Here's my problem. This is a known issue, but they won't acknowledge it unless you tell them you are aware of it. They'll have you changing TV settings, refreshing the receiver, etc. and they know that won't resolve the problem.

It wasn't until January 10th, when a technician came to our house, that we found out what the "Real" problem is. It's a known problem with the Genie Mini boxes they use. So frustrating because it's still happening, and you'll get no sympathy calling customer "service". The fact is, they SHOULD make people aware of this when they subscribe to this service.

But they don't. They sign you up, put you in a 2 year agreement, and let you deal with it. About every 2 weeks I get the same annoying email telling me they are working on the issue and appreciate my patience.

I believe this company has gotten far worse since being bought by A T & T. They act like they're doing you a favor.

Review about: Directv Mini Box Audio-video Receiver.

Reason of review: Selling a known defective product.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments