36.6K views

SR VP, Customer Care

2230 E Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Email: Ellen.Filipiak@directv.com

Consumers, UNITE! There IS power in numbers. Bombard, innundate Ms. Filipiak's office with your concerns and complaints. If there are as many as I believe there are, they will not be able to ignore them.

Additionally, I urge you to contact your Better Business Bureau (again, if they get enough complaints, they CAN do something about it) and contact your County Consumer Affairs office (contact name and address can be found on your local County website).

Stop these people from stealing our money and providing abominable service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Website.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 04, 2009.

Comments

Poor customer service. When I call them, they fan’t even speak English. Plan to cancel as soon as my contract is up!!!!

to Carol #1606952

they lie and promise you the world every month a new excuse why they didn't do it

switching to dish, direct tv sucks and I cant understand the people who finally answer after 20 minutes of computer voice prompts. where in the *** do they come up with all these people who seem to struggle with the English language. very bad customer service

to bradley forman #1600982

I COMPLETELY AGREE ABOUT THE STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS COUNTRY'S PDIMARY LANGUAGE N THEY "DTV"NEVER TRY TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. EITHER TRAIN THEM OR START HIRING UNEMPLOYED BORN N RAISED AMERICANS WHO ARE ABOUT THE GOLDEN RULE!!! ASK ANY FOREIGN SPEAKING "AMERICAN" AND I BET YOU THEY COULDN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT MEANS.

About 4 months ago, Direct tv sales person came by my home soliciting sales. I had switched from Direct to Dish after having Direct for quiet q few years and never liked Dish so I did want to switch and did.

I was told the sales person would take care of the canceling of Dish. later when I didn't receive $200 promo ( I did receive $100 ) I was promised, I asked if for sure Dish had been canceled, I was told it had been taken care of. Now today, 11/09/18, got a call from Dish telling me I owe a big balance and am 190 days delinquent and they are turning it over to collections. I told them to do what they have to do because Direct had already taken care of that.

They told me Direct does not have authorization to do that...

This is no way to start out with a previous and new customer... I hope you will respond to this complaint...

this is the worst service I have ever had with any company. I cannot wait for my 2 year contract to be over.

I called the direct number for tech support, and spent 15 minutes being connected to every department but tech support. When I did get them the person had not a clue as to what I was talking about.

I was on the phone for 23 minutes and still not resolved. the worst part is they don't care.

I tried to cancel my DirectTV service because my new roommate has DISH network already (and it's better). They refused to cancel unless I gave them my new phone number, I could not confirm the 3 year old number they had on file.

I gave them the account number but that wasn't good enough. Really?

Their own account number wasn't good enough? The 2 people I talked to were rude and hard to understand because, of course, English was not their first language.

Hi I would like to express how unfair you have auto on the NFL package and make me pay for something I don't want. My tv bill is higher than my electric bill that is wrong.

Thinking of switching research and find a better deal..

I want to cancel nfl but was told I could not. Not cool very very disappointed.

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: is all you get.

I have been with your company for 9 years at $250-$300 a month. First service call today, confirmed appt this am, serviceman called the office and lied , said I wasn’t home, I’m 100% done.

I don’t care about nfl ticket anymore , I’m done. Your company has zero respect

to Tony hill #1598832

@Tony OMG the same thing happened to us Thursday. We had a new roof put in our house and the dish had to taken down.

My husband called and the scheduled a tech for Thursday between 8-12. I work from home and my desk faces outside right next to our front door. Plus we have 2 dogs that would bark if anyone was outside. Tech called my husband at 11:40 and said he will be out today.

2:40 no one has beeen our or called. Call the office and we’re told they would find out what’s going on and call him back in 20 minutes. No return call came. He called yesterday and after an hour and half he was told the tech did stop and there was no answer.

Now they are saying someone will be out, maybe, Tuesday.

Unbelievable liars! It would also be helpful if you could actually understand the people who are trying to help you.

I call in on Friday 09/14/2018, that a tree limb fell on the dish an bent/broke it I was told it would be Monday before someone can get out, stayed home all day waiting on tech, so around 5pm I call to make sure he/she was still coming the agent says the schedule it for Oct 17, I told her that was not going to work do you understand I have NO T.V. at all so she come back and said she will send some one on Wed 09/17/2018 between 12 to 4pm. So no service for six days.

The issue with Directv, is they are stuck polishing the Democrats pole. That explains the ignorance.

to Anonymous #1600983

VERY TRUE N I'M TALKING BUFF POLISH!!!

What's the deal with ksl channel 5. I pay up the nose to watch y football and sports programs and the the channel is temporarily unavailable?.

Doesn't your company have enough money from bleeding your subscribers dry as it is.

Loose a little money and settle your little *** match. I wonder if all of the dedicated subscribers that are being strangled by these cable companies will get a discount channels being cut off with know fault or control from us...drop your ego and get it resolved..

I hate this new Sunday nfl ticket screen. Next year I cancel David atkinson

My wife has set up two times for direct tv to come to our house and upgrade our system both times no show or even a phone call she has set up to be home for them I’m very upset with them we have been customers for a long time is this how your customers are treated I’m considering changing company’s this is ***

I purchased the NFL sunday ticket today. Not Direct TV Now.

I did this after calling customer support to ask if the local prime time games would be blocked out. I was told "ofcourse not". so I went online and purchased it. Logged in, just to see that they are in fact blacked out.

So I called to cancel, and after the guy looked up my account and kept trying to sell me stuff, I finally convinced him that I just wanted to cancel. He then, all of a sudden, could not access my account that he just had opened. So he told me I had to call another number. This number sent me to Uverse.

WTF. They were as useless at a bag of rocks covered in *** after explaining everything in the dumbest first grade language I could manage, they then tried to direct me to Direct TV now. I protested but the supervisor insisted. So I called the number he gave me.

Guess where it sent me....yup, back to Uverse. I have had nothing but issues with AT&T everytime I have delt with them. I know every one always says this, but they seriously have the absolute worst customer service in history. I would rather talk to cold call salesman than any jack *** from AT&T.

Which is why I refuse to use anything from them. I had hoped that Direct Tv would have their own help service. But unfortunately I learned that they are just as useless. I officially boycott anything that has any association with AT&T.

I strongly recommend everyone do the same. They are a terrible company. Nothing but crooks.

This is only one horror story of several that I have from them over the years. Moral of the story....FU#* AT&T!!!!

to Anonymous #1555194

At&t sucksi agree with ya

to Anonymous #1600985