Norman, Oklahoma
1.3K views
2.6
Coverage Area

When we cancelled our directtv account through att they owed us money. Instead of sending a check, we got a debit card.

After going through the hassle of registering the card (a check wouldnt have wasted that time) we tried to use the card at Sprouts. After entering the pin they needed the exact amount on the card. The paper that came with card said $48. That amount didnt work so we paid cash.

Now I have to spend time online or on phone trying to fix the problem.

I would blow it off but that is probably what they want people to do.

Reason of review: Refunded overpay with debit card..

Directv Pros: Their picture and sound quality, Having tv when it does work.

Directv Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments

#1193510

the refund cards show debit but you must process it as credit.. cause it is a signature basic debit card...read the Q&A for the card it tells you that..

So what if their policy on refunds is.... Their policy is not the contract.

My policy is.... Take them to small claims court.

PS Ask your credit card company to reverse entire monthly charge since you "got ripped off."

@Anonymous

I did exactly that. Reversed the charge.

The next day they sent me an email with a past due notice for the amount of my reversed charge. This practice should be outlawed. If you charge my credit card and I am due a refund within a 60 day period, then it should be LAW that the refund be issued back to the card. For the following reasons:

That's a refund "in kind".

2. That's the most consumer friendly way of processing the refund since it 100% insures that the customer will use the funds.