Genie and Genie Mini wireless service installed in June 2016. We started noticing that some of our shows were either not recording or would be partial recordings.

We went through normal Customer Service channels to try to fix it and they were not able to fix it over the phone. They sent a technician out, 7 days later to do a reinstall. It worked for about 1 hour and then froze again. I called support again who said that no technicians would be available to come out the next day and that the soonest appointment would be 10 days out and that they would need to ship me a new box.

6 days later the box had not arrived. Called customer service again and they said the new receiver had not shipped and they would have to reschedule my appointment. At that point I asked to speak to a supervisor. After about 1 hour on hold (45 minutes with the technical support rep and 15 minutes on hold waiting for a supervisor), they disconnected my call and did not call me back.

I called again and was on the phone another 30 minutes, re-explaining the issue to a technical support rep and a supervisor.

They gave me a $50 credit and said that a technician would be out on my scheduled day with a new receiver. We will see if this technician is able to correct the issue and finally resolve the problem.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of directv receiver and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Directv needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned directv receiver in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Directv.

Comments