Hilton, New York
100% full Not resolved

I got a call from a direct tv rep last week.I forgot to pay my bill the previous month, so they were calling to get the money I owed them.

No big deal, I paid them on the spot. I then asked to speak to a manager because the lady that called me was a little slow. The next lady I talked to couldn't help me out either. She then passed me on to another nice lady that said she could get my bill down to $75/month.

Which I was satisfied with. I was on the phone for 40 minutes. Two days later I receive a bill for $322.54. This was after I canceled the NFL sunday ticket and the Starz movie package.

The only thing they're good at is sending out invoices. After receiving the bloated invoice, I decided to call customer service. While I was waiting on hold for about 20 minutes my service was shut down by a storm cell. This seems to happen a lot more than they tell you.

I told him I wanted streaming capabilities for my direct tv service, and he didn't get what I was saying. I then realized I was talking to an under educated person working in a call center. After that I emailed the Office of the President and a nice young man called me back within a few hours. I was working and couldn't talk, so he gave me a direct number to the office.

I called that number today and had an 8 minute conversation with a very grumpy lady that made my blood boil. She told me she was going to bill the card on file for what I owed.

So I canceled service, and called my bank to put a stop to them billing me.They have very shady business practices, and don't know how to treat people

Review about: Direct Tv Xtra Package.

I liked: Nfl ticket.

3.0
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $200
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Once again, I point out that you people at direct TV are offensive, and out of line.You try pushing people around, and get away with it most of the time.

You ignorant mental midgets pushed around the wrong person. I'm a savvy individual that was driven to insanity because everybody that works there is a little slow.

I'm not!Keep chirping because it adds fuel to my fire

to Anonymous #1224381

them harrassing you?i seriously doubt they said any harsh words to you besides there was nothing else they could do for you and maybe that they wont accept the way you were talking to them.

People who work for directv or any other customer service position are still people, not your servants, not yours or any other self richeous narcicistical ***, punching bag. In doing that job they cant cuss or belittle you but they definetly dont have to let themselves be degraded by you and or bullied because your pissed off. your the one calling directv workers "ignorant mental midgets", that statement is completely ignorant.so your "a savvy individual that was driven to insanity because everybody that works there is a little slow"....you should be embarrassed by your words and your actions, maybe directv should sue you for harrassment. Everybody who signs a two year contract with any cable company ever knows about the early termination fee theres no way out of it, says it in the fine print on every advertisement anywhere.

by the way a "sane" person isnt driven insane by "under educated" people, if a sane civilized human being did encounter actual "under educated" people they would have understanding that said person obviously wasnt able to get an education, and feel blessed that said sane person was educated, not be driven insane by them. patience, understanding, treating others with respect kindness and dignity, seriously this is kindergarden ***. You have anger...

money and cable arent whats impoortant in life they are just things to keep us busy if your going insane over this *** i hate to see what happens when you come into some real problems.this seems mean but im really giving you advice bc your only hurting yourself with this attitude and the lack of respect for other human beings your going to end up alone in life and have no one to blame besides yourself

to Anonymous #1302934

You seriously should learn how to spell before opening your mouth. Talk about ignorant.

So did they call you?I'm sure that their entire legal department has been up 27/7 because a nobody from hicktown NY was going to make them regret buying DirecTV.

Once again I point out I have been doing this for many years you are 1 person who thinks more then a team of the best lawyers in the country you signed an agreement you can't say one day I cancel this and it is over that is not how a contact work,you AGREED to pay any outstanding balance,you AGREED to waive your right to disputes, you AGREED to binding arbitration that YOU put up 50% of the cost is you want it about $1700.You AGREED to the terms why don't you pull your kids head up from between your legs and show the the real world

to Anonymous #1031068

A Nobody from hicktown, ny is about to make some noise as loud as any heard before.You dummies keep harassing me like a bunch of bullies in school.

Only I'm the cool one and you guys are the nerds. Bring on your legal eagles. I will make them look silly. I'm well aware what I signed, because I actually read *** stuff like contracts that bind me into silly agreements and arbitration.

That might apply to most people. NOT ME! I'm smart enough to find these things called loop holes. Harassment is a serious offense, especially when you people at direct tv drive a young, physically fit 33 year old, to the point of insanity.

I know my rights as a citizen, and you people at Direct TV are getting in the way of my pursuit of happiness. A fundamental right that all Americans have. Read the constitution, and the NYS penal code 240.30, on harassing people. Not allowed!

I'm taking down any corporation that gets in my way. Cable and TV program providers are obsolete. Everything can be streamed for little to no cost online.

I will be educating my fellow Americans of this.You ignorant people at Direct TV will be out of jobs when I get done!

to Anonymous #1031456

Next you'll be telling us about your a sovereign citizen and the Federal government that controls banking laws do not apply your above that. Well good luck with the loop holes and all that don't forget the tinfoil hat when outdoors

Thanks for your opinion, but you have a conflict of interest working for them, and you sound a bit under educated on this situation.Read the fraud protection laws.

Nobody can take money out of my bank accounts without my authorization.

Furthermore, Direct TV sent me an offensive emails after I terminated our contract, and that's called harassment.Do your research before you make yourself look idiotic!

to Anonymous #1030023

Ok let's take a look at who is the one looking *** you got me who is given you examples of issues given you the specifics of where stuff is located and questions to ask your bank made a logical argument to try and help now lets look at you, you come on here as a wannabe lawyer telling everyone you know better then the hundreds of others how you Joe nobody how he is going make att regret there their multi billion purchase of DirecTV with another class action suit and that the person who is trying to give you information about what is coming you call them names about how dumb they are, I hope I am the one who process your paperwork I usually don't take much pleasure at sending paperwork to banks to take money owed but for you I'll make the exception. When I or someone like myself does we shall see that I was right and you where nothing more then a caged gorilla thumping its chest in anger to all the children's amusement

to Anonymous #1030502

You sound like another employee of the obsolete company that's getting flushed down the toilet within the next few years.Nobody needs a cable provider anymore.

Every channel can be streamed online, for free, or a minimal charge. I'm done talking to the mental midgets at direct tv. I've been talking to AT&T because no one at direct tv knows how to treat people. I feel like a caged gorilla beating my head against the wall, talking to direct tv employees.

Driven to the point of insanity by their aggressive tactics. Read the NYS penal law 240.30. That is my basis for my lawsuit.

I'm done educating you employees from direct tv.You still to this day are still harassing me!

to Anonymous #1030512

You write like my 9 year old niece. Cute but doesn't make sense. I hope you process my paperwork