Celina, Ohio

I recently received a phone call about my eligibility to add movie channels to my account. At no time during the call was I asked if I wanted this or to confirm this.

Two days later I find out the channels have been added to my account without my permission. A very sneaky and underhanded way to do business. I was furious and called customer service. I was told the channels would be removed and that I could get a free equipment upgrade.

Only after much questioning did I learn that my free upgrade would cost me a $49 installation fee as well as an additional $3 per month. Again, a sneaky, underhanded way to treat a customer of 16 years. I tried to report this problem to them through the directv.com website, but they have no way to contact them other than phone or chat and based on the track record I don't trust speaking with anyone in customer service for fear they will add more charges to my account without my knowledge or permission. I would not recommend Directv to anyone.

The company seems to be preying on its customers and taking advantage of them. I am extremely dissatisfied.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Directv treatment of customers

Comments

Something similar happened to me as well. When I called in to complain about the pricing misquotes, someone had apparently added equipment charges to my account and when I asked them to remove the free package deal for premium channels, they did not. You don't find out about these things until they've already billed you and then they say they can't remove the charge.