Munford, Tennessee

I terminated my DTV service 21 May 2010 due to the fact I have been told several times that I would not be charged for a replacement HD/DVR Receiver due to the May 01 Flooding that occured in Millington, TN (Natural Disaster).I suspended my account in early May till I was ready to move into a new home.

I called 21 May 2010 to reconfirm my Installation date of 22 MAY 2010; I was told that I would have to pay for a replacement receiver ($220) and that the Natural Disaster Policy only waived the non-return of your old receiver. I thought i was being taken cared of but today I was not. I have been displaced from my home for 3wks, have a family of 4 which includes a newborn; I thought this was going to be the least of my worries. I was assured initially by Tim, work ID # U4246, that I would not have to pay anything and that anything paid would be credited to my acct (relocation fee, installation fee, etc).

Then recently, Joe work ID# 100447329, was going to put a credit to my acct for the receiver (I initially provided my credit card so that I could get the receiver and then be credited). When I called today, 21 May, and after being on the phone for over an hour I was told that there was nothing they can do and I would have to pay for the HD/DVR receiver. I found it odd that more than 3 people said I could get a replacement receiver free of charge due to the Natural disaster policy.

Although DTV offers great satelite service; I feel that they didn't do all they could to keep me as a customer.So I terminated my service today.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #147271

I also terminatedmy service due to, lies cheating and VERY bad customer service after 13 years as a customer

Thanks, I'll do that now!