7.3K views

The changes that Directv made to their onscreen channel guide and playlist recordings must have been satisfied by the lowest bidder meeting VERY minimum qualifications. I discovered that now when I look at shows I have recorded, the date and time of the show is missing!!

Oh, what - they saved 10 cents by leaving that information off?!? Really?!? So, I have a show I record every day while I'm at work. If I don't watch it for a couple of days, I do not know from the listing which episode is the oldest.

What a concept - - I would really like to watch them in order :o The music channels they have recently switched to recently are equally as AWFUL!! Again, I am sure it is to save money while my bill gets raised at least twice a year with no changes made by me. I already had made up my mind that I was switching to Dish, just waiting for the ground to dry so they can install their satellite - - this has just reaffirmed my decision.

Things have only gotten much worse since the merger with AT&T. Good riddens!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Guide.

Reason of review: Channel guide, recording playlist.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 29.

Comments

#1592023

We also will be canceling DirecTV as we watch almost all of our shows as recordings.

I think ATT wants to move the Directv customer base to ATT Uverse. They bought Directv purely to move the customer base as the satellite business is phased out.

The LIST functionality on the Genie is useless. I still have an HR24 along with a Genie.

When I cannot find it on the list on Genie, I can find it on the list on the HR24, start to play it and then it shows up on the Genie List. Moronic!

I don't understand why playlist and menu formats were changed. I can't see total playlist most of the time. If Directv doesn't fix the change, then I may have to change provider.

I completely agree!

We have had Directv for 6 years. Not happy at all.

We record shows and they do not show up in the list. No reason for this kind of incompetence!

Every day US a new adventure with the recorded list.I called today and estimated date of fix is now Dec!!!

I also hate the new playlist, When I hit 0 to sort I can only find shows to first letter L. I hate it.

Go back to the old way. This new one is awful!!!!

Since AT&t took over Direct tv sucks from programming lists which records programs over and over & those recorded u now cant FF or RW whole reason u record in the first place

The merger and now the $5.00 to talk to real person for support to your product, is like buying a 4 door car with 3 seats...

I am so sick of only getting partial playlists. And there is nothing on the website that I can find to fix it.

For the first time, I am considering cancelling Direct TV.

What good does it do to record something if you can't find it. Does anyone know how to get the entire playlist?

to ANN SHAW #1552339

If you go to menu it shows what you recorded, but you can’t delete from that screen! I hate it too!!’

to ANN SHAW #1553197

One of the ways is to go to the menu, manage recordings, history of recordings and look through all the recordings that you've done. What a totally stupid way to have to find your current recordings.

Others have said that you have to reboot and then they will come back.

We are about to move on from Directv after many years with them. So unhappy with these "new changes".

to ANN SHAW #1586453

No, but if you do a search (-) and type in show, then follow prompts, you can find and play a recorded program. BUT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS!!!! Does anyone know why they changed this?

to ANN SHAW #1609175

Record another episode of your show and the older ones will reappear for a day. In the meantime, find another provider. I used to love dtv now I hate it and will cancel.

Not a surprise... AT&T was a failing phone company with poor customer service and it’s not improved since they merged with Direct TV.

However, Direct TV should copy the user interface that Cox Communications uses-best ever!!!! I wish Cox Cable was in this state.

My playlist is missing shows that were recorded too. Sometimes it will only show 1 or 2.

Hate all these changes. AT&T has totally screwed up Direct TV

For some reason I can't see all my recordings. I know they all should be there because I didn't erase them and my playlist isn't full.

Even if it was, there are still way older things that I can see. What the heck is the problem?

Never had this happen when DirecTV wasn't part of AT&T. Now they have become as second rate as AT&T has been for years.

Since the "upgrade" my recorded shows have been disappearing and reappearing at will. It's starting to get old... FAST!

to NOTaMAGICIAN #1538834

Same here!

to NOTaMAGICIAN #1609183

We all should all not pay the bill until fixed. We should all receive a refund for services not provided. Is there a lawyer out there that can help us with a class action lawsuit?!