I am totally appalled by the complete incompetence of Dirct TVs customer service. On June 23, 2008, their sales representative told me I could get 5 HD/DVR boxes and Priemer by paying for the first HD/DVR box and renting the other four for $4.99 a month. I repeated several times the order and how much the total equipment costs would be as I crafted a word document to ensure I'd remember everything. The total upfront equipment cost was $124.95 which I paid, and delivery was set up for 12-4pm on June 30, 2008.

I called back on June 25, 2008, to verify everything was on schedule for the 30th. It was not. Somehow the installation had been canceled. I rescheduled the installation and then had the representative tell me what equipment I had ordered--I did not tell him because I wanted to ensure they had the correct order in the computer. He stated it was 5 HD/DVR, one purchased and four rentals.

On June 27, 2008, I called again to verify everything was on schedule for the 30th. This time it was, so I decided to order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Again I had the representative tell me what equipment I had ordered. She stated it was 5 HD/DVR, one purchased and four rentals.

On June 30, 2008, I left work at noon (five hours early) to wait for the installers. At 4:30pm, when no one showed or called, I called their support representative at the order support number 866-678-9465. He stated that the installation company had cancelled the installation and gave me the number to call them, 877-889-7880. I spoke with a young lady, who said that Direct TV had never placed the order for installation. She referred me back to Direct TV. It was at this time that I was told I would have to pay an additional $800 for the four additional HD/DVR receivers. I was shocked especially after asking repeatedly if there were going to be any extra equipment costs when I placed the order on the 25th (I spent 2-hours on the phone). Even with that I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket so badly I offered to pay the $800 if it was spread over the 24-month agreement. But their representative turned me down. This after I lost five hours work @ $62.50 per hour (can not take vacations days unless I take a full 8 hours), which cost me an additional $312.50. The worst part is when those HD/DVR boxes become obsolete in 3-5 years they’re counting on me to pony up another $1,000 to replace them.

This was simply the worst customer experience I have ever been associated with. I had to cancel my order. I can’t wait until the day that the NFL moves off this lame network and onto a quality network that knows how to treat its customers.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments