Almost the exact thing happened to me, except I got that same charge on 12-30-09, 3 weeks before my on hold account was up. i have spoken to 2 people now and given my credit card to them and they said i'd get my account within the next week.

4 weeks went by and i called and they said "oh well now we're not giving you your money back". The manager had the most ridiculous reasons as to why and kept putting me on hold for the longest time and finally i told him i'd be reporting them to the better business burro and also disputing the charge to my cc. Horrible company and horrible customer service.

The reason i had to cancel was because I moved and because the direction my apt was facing (not all, only mine!) was not able to pick up sattelite at all, yet i still received an over $400 charge. furious!

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Directv - AT&T does not believe in customer satisfaction Directv "Directv is a service of AT&T.A Directv installer came to replace my TV antenna.In the process he caused $390.00 damage to my house..." Read more Directv - Billing more than original agreement. Directv "Charging more than original move-in special agreed to in November 2016. Spoke with customer service multiple times (a lot of hours). In January after being transferred multiple times, I spoke..." Read more DirecTV employee illegal trespass on my roof and put safety and security in jeopardy of all tenants Directv "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..." Read more Directv - Pay about $2000 a year for their non sevice and buy the MLB and Sunday Ticket. Directv "Have a problem? Can't get the Sunday Ticket on mobile devices. Spend $25 dollars more for HD if you want that! I called Mike White, CEO no response! Here are..." Read more Fine Trade's Charged $89-$200+ Shipping for $11 Product! Fine Trade "Fine Trade on Amazon's site charged me $89 shipping on a product that clearly stated Free Shipping! Taking advantage of Amazon's One-Click program, Fine Trade has set up many of..." Read more Delaware Fine Art Auction - Not living up to their promises Delaware Fine Art Auction " On June 1st, 2017 I purchased 2 Warhol artworks at auction from Delaware Fine Art Auction. I purchased lot #112: Warhols t-shirt and lot#113: Warhols Coca-Cola Bottle. Delaware Fine..." Read more Pissed of jollibee ruin my surprise for my daughtrs birthday Jollibee "I ordered throuh online jolibee padala and pay via credit card it was confirmed by paypal that the payment has been recieved. I call my daughter that wait for the..." Read more Safeco Insurance - Safeco Claims the WORST EVER Safeco Insurance "On July 11th, 2017 we noticed that our hardwood floor in our kitchen and hall had erupted due to a water leak at the refrigerator. The continuous hardwood floor consists..." Read more