1.7K views

It is pretty low to take a channel away without notice. Many of us had depended on the Fitness Channel's exercise content. Gilad,Yoga etc., was a great help.

When I called to complain,I was told that I could receive the Fitness Channel if I upgraded my package??? I have had Directv for years and never had a problem until now. For this reason, I did not write down the name of the person I spoke to.

Recently I went on the Web and did a search to find out what happened to the Fitness Channel. What I found is that it no longer exist and that there doesn't seem to be any plans to have a new fitness channel.

Art Tinsley,Santa Ana, Ca.

Comments

gilads exercise still comes on channel 366

I was watching law and order and my service was interrupted. I call to make sure my husband paid the bill and it was in fact paid but the rep told me that The channel wasn't in my package.

I told her I have 6 months before my contract is over so for a year and a half you guys have been giving me that channel for free, she laughed and stated that I have always paid for it but that channel in now in the next package so in order for me to get that channel back I have to upgrade. Just ridiculous

I hope you customers realize that the discovery family of channels made a changed by adding discovery fit and health and rebranding discovery fitness as own, I'm just saying...

these people don't understand dtv has nothing to do with it, they are dumb

:cry , suck it up

Come on people are you this dumb! It has nothing to do with directv.

Discovery communications merged this channel with discovery health. Directv doesn't make the bleeping content.

Blame discovery...

:cry I LOVE THIS CHANNEL I HATE THIS

DIRECTV I AM JUST WAITING FOR MY CONTRACT

TO BE UP. I WILL NOT BE WITH A COMPANY THAT

DO NOT CARE ABOUT FITNESS IN THIS NATION WHERE

WE NEED TO WORK SO MUCH AND FOR SOME OF US THIS

WAS THE ONLY WAY WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET FIT

I totally agree! I am a recovering Leukemia patient.I have always watched this channel, and it was important to me.

NOW I NEED THIS CHANNEL to regain my muscle tone having lost 140 lbs....... Also my daughter comes here every day with her newborn and 2 yr old children.. She ALWAYS watched this channel and took notes.. What a shame that 1 channel that helped so many so often is just cut with no notice..

Thinking of switching seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

:cry

I was so upset that they took the fitness channel off air. It was such an inspiration to those of us who want to get fit or stay fit. They need to give us a channel with similar programming.

It does suck to take something away that inspires people to get fit or stay fit. Also give no notice that it was no longer going to be available. They need to come up with some similar programming for us people who look forward to good health and fitness.

This is horrible, I just found the channel three years ago and loved it. I'm disappointed greatly.

Fit Tv was a selling point for me. O can't believe they took it off the air, VERY upset :(

I too am upset. Yoga, bollywood dance...all gone. Horrible!

This is a travesty! I guess they think we do not need to be fit as Americans.

i loved that channel!!! ugh looks like ill be going back to time warner cable :cry

dddsdds :cry

It *** me off that you pay for shopping channels..It *** me off even more that they took away the Fitness channel..I was looking all over for it and found nothing. I'm glad this was posted or I would still be wondering what happened to it.

It was replaced with yet another shopping channel. Pay more and get less. Crooks.