Washington, District Of Columbia

I received an automated phone call today from Direct TV. I have not been a customer with them for 2 months now.

When I called back and spoke with an associate she was rude and did not explain things in a manner that they should have been. I asked to speak with her supervisor. The lady I spoke to was Carolyn Williams. She was hateful and extremely rude.

Apparently Direct TV had been trying to get payments out of my account but it was rejected. According to her I have received several letters stating that this has happened. However, I have received nothing and I told her that. She proceeded to tell me that they've sent me something but it's not her problem if I haven't received them and that if I don't pay then she will send it to a collection agency.

She then proceeded to say that she will put in the memo to the collection agency that she told me what was going on but I was being uncooperative and not wanting to pay. And that it was my fault. I told her that I just wanted to know how come I hadn't heard about all this sooner when I have spoken to Direct TV on multiple occasions and not one person has told me about this money issue. I then asked her if she can tell me what card the payments were being taken out of, as I have had 2 cards used on my Direct TV account.

She proceeded to tell me in a rude and hateful manner that they don't keep that information of accounts that have been disconnected. I asked her how she doesn't have my card information but she can tell whether or not I owe money that I was never told about. Instead of saying anything she hung up on me. I work in retail so I know for a fact that even if the customer is the most difficult person you've ever handled you don't treat someone in that manner, especially to hang up on one.

I want to receive something from corporate stating that Mrs. Williams was talked to about this and that something was done.

Because of this supervisor, Carolyn Williams, I will never again become a direct tv user. And I will speak to all my friends and family and make sure that they do not join direct tv either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Account.

Comments

Carolyn was probably not her real name,they use phoney names.You said you have not been a customer with them for 2 months? did your contract expire?If not and you simply stopped paying, You might want to change the numbers on the card or bank information they have on file for you as it may have just been a number off and a mistake that they will find and succesfully charge your account