Seattle, Washington
4.0

We decided to cut the coax, so to speak, and installed a simple antenna on our roof. Called Direct TV to ask how to return the receivers.

"Just throw them away" was the reply, which my wife relayed to me. I then went on the website and saw there was a potential fee for unreturned receivers. My wife called them back, they reiterated to "throw them away", at which point my wife asked for that in writing, for backup. "Sorry, we don't have the ability to send you an email" was their response.

Are you kidding? She went up to a supervisor (Justin) who hung up on her.

I then went to online chat, which was very helpful, and pointed me in the right direction. So, ATT/DirectTV, if you are reading this, you have some housekeeping to do in the form of training and customer service.

Users--as of January 11, 2015, here is how you return your receivers (you're welcome, DirectTV)--http://directv.avnet.com/?referrer=https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4049

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Website.

Directv Cons: Unprofessionalism.

• Return Receiver Electronic

Comments

I don't believe they would say "just throw them away" even the cable company or anyone says that because you never own the boxes ever..you rent them