Coverage Area
Style and Design

I had DTV for about 30 years.

At the end of May 2018 my receiver died. I have always had the Protection Plan and called to have it replaced. They sent out a new receiver and I hooked it up. In June I noticed that my bill had gone up.

They added a third receiver to my bill - I only had two.

They added HD service - Never had it, didn't ask for it and did not want it.

The long and short of it is my bill had gone up $30 because I replaced a dead receiver under the Protection Plan.

I spent many, many hours on the phone complaining about the problem. They told me I did not have any choice about the HD service. They finally removed the 3rd receiver (that I didn't have).

I finally got sick of arguing with them and had Dish Network installed.

I called and told them to cancel my account - now they want to talk about what they can do to keep our business. I told them it was too late that I had just signed a contract with DISH.

Now they tell me that when I replaced the broken receiver I agreed to a new 2 year contract and would have to pay over $400 to cancel it. I told them I did not agree to any new contract, did not sign anything and was not informed that I would have to agree to a new contract to get a piece of broken equipment replaced under the Protection Plan. They said well it is in the Terms of Service. Actually it is not in the terms of service unless you ask for an upgrade. I did not ask for an upgrade - I asked for a repair under a supposed Protection Plan.

I think someone should file a class action suit against them for their shady practices.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Cancel my last bill and don't charge me for early cancellation.

I didn't like: Customer service and fraudulent practices.

Comments