Coverage Area
Style and Design

When I returned from the West Coast to Indianapolis, IN, I contacted Directv to connect my service again. It has been a nightmare, and I had to contact them at least 6 or 7 times to correct several problems.

Starting with "access card unable to read"; wires were supposedly replaced, however, cutoff wires were left on the lawn. Other problems followed, i.e. 775 receiver unable to connect to dish. I was also told that my monthly amount due would be apprrox.

$62.00 for 24 months. When I called 800-44 2-1635 pin No. 1655 I was informed that it was only for 12 months! I was told that they had issued a credit of $214.12, and during the last tech's appointment a person from AT&T/Directv came out, showing me a credit of $3.50.

They also charged me $63.62 for a service call, although the installation was still under warranty. I had also noticed a charge of $7.99 for some kind of insurance, which I didn't authorize. Calling the above number, I have been receiving conflicting accounting including a late fee, when I never received a bill for its service.

I am going to demand a unconditional release from my contract due to all of its installation problems and "bait and switch". By the way, one of its techs' broke my husband's (RIP) Beer Stein.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Installation.

Directv Cons: Unsatisfactory installation and bait and switch, Wasting more than 30 hours of my time, Misrepresentation of costs.

Comments