Yes it's true VIACOM should not be strong arming, however Direct TV should not be so greedy as to expect consumers to pay for thier lack of negotiating skills! A Monopoly has been attempted, but will not succeed....Americans are getting smarter everyday about the how BIG BUSINESS works...to screw them...so watch out VIACOM AND DIRECT TV, you could be bankrupt soon just like the rest of us!!

Please take a moment to think this through...if everyone cancelled their Direct TV on any given day, they WOULD change their tunes!!!

WE HAVE THE POWER!!!!! USE IT!!!!

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Comments

I would like to say I have the 180 channel setup and it really sucks because i might only watch 12-18 channels and I do not want to pay a cent more for channels I do not watch....I wish we could chose our channel line up and be billed for those only.. a right to chose is the right way..

Don't you realize that if directv gives in they will go up on your bill. I am glad that they are holding out. If you switch you will have this problem again when their contract ends.

I dont know if I should be pissed at direct tv or pissed at viacom.

Maybe both!

My spidey senses tell me that viacom and direct tv will be battling this thing out until near fall season when most people will be home wanting to watch their tv.

"however Direct TV should not be so greedy as to expect consumers to pay for thier lack of negotiating skills!"

wait, i thought the whole point of this was so that we wouldn't have to pay?

"There comes a point in everyones life where you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything!"

Really though? You're gonna hit us with this line over something as trivial as not being able to watch your favorite shows? This is where I stop taking you seriously.

and don't cancel your subscriptions en masse, that would just force directv to give in to viacom, resulting in a price raise, resulting in you unsubscribing anyway. just be patient, christ.