Direct TV ruined my afternoon by putting me on hold and hanging up on me.

They say they want to show their integrity by pleasing the customer. I'd like to puke! They loose the contract with xm radio, can't give me an acceptable alternative. When I tell them I want to change to dish, they say I'm under a 2 year contract because I upgraded my equipment. What a CROCK!!!!

After telling them they can take the upgraded equipment for HD that doesn't work, it puts me back to where I was and they still won't let me out of the contract. What A Disgrace.

My next move is to contact FCC with a formal complaint. Hope you all do the same.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 17, 2010.

Comments

HI, I AGREE WITH SENIORS THAT ARE UPSET WITH THE BILLS GOING UP AND OUR SSI REMAINS THE SAME.I ALWAYS PAY OUR DIRECT TV ON TIME, AND WE DON'T EVEN GET ANYTHING FOR BEING LOYAL PAYING CUSTOMERS.

THE GAS, ELECTRIC, WATER, PHONE COMPANIES ALL GAVE YOU A BREAK OF SOME KIND IF YOUR IN A CERTAIN INCOME BRACKET OR IF SOMEONE IS DISABLE, OF COURSE YOUR DOCTOR HAS TO SHOW PROOF OF THIS. MY HUSBAND HAD A STROKE 2 YEARS AGO, AND THE TV AND WALKING OUR LITTLE DOG IS ALL HE LOOKS FORWARD TO.

HE CAN NOT DO MUCH OF ANYTHING ANYMORE, IAM HIS 24/7 CAREGIVER, AND I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN KEEP OUR DIRECT TV GOING FOR HIM.

AS FOR ME I DON'T CARE IAM NOT MUCH OF A TV WATCHER, I GO TO MY COMPUTER AND SEE AND HEAR WHAT I WANT. WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE SOME COMPASSION FOR US OLD FOLK, ONE DAY YOU WILL BE IN OUR SHOES. GOD BLESS :sigh

You could file a complaint with the BBB (online if you like)give dates and facts only. tell BBB why you should be let out of your contract with Direct.I believe if they are not fixing the equipment so it will work you should not have to pay for it or be stuck with an upgrade.If you decide to cancel before your contract is up they will charge you ($20per month left on contract) plus any other charges they can come up with.The only way to avoid this is to cancel what ever account Direct has on file for you before you cancel Directs service.I have just gone through this with Direct and it is nothing short of a nightmare!But I'm so Happy to be Rid of them.